• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Extreme nausea and blurry vison

Do you experience extreme nausea or blurry vision during overload/shutdowns?

• Yes ,everytime

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • No, never have

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Yes,Sometimes

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Depends on day

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vera_katarina

Hi i have a question to anyone who wants/can answer;
Do you experience extreme nausea or blurry vision during overload/shutdowns?

Sometimes, yes, and these are also the symptoms of a silent migraine. I've had this happen in the past, before I discovered autism, overloads and shutdowns. At first I thought I was coming down with the flu or something. Many years later I discovered what a silent migraine was. A few years after that, I discovered autism and the related overload/shutdowns.

It could be that the situations that lead to the overloads and shutdowns are also triggering silent migraines. Overloads also cause me to get lighter migraines with just the headache.

That's a combination I can only recall having rare bouts of food poisoning.

My most concerning issue with shutdowns is what some refer to as "lost time". Where I cannot recall how I went from one location to another.

Yeah, sometimes. I deal with these sensations during panic attacks too sometimes. It’s not always easy for me to determine whether I’m having a panic attack or a shutdown or whether I’m actually physically ill (or having a migraine). Time always tells :)

If overload means too much awake time and computer time, these are deadly and scary. I wake up with extreme spins that last for hours, nausea that comes harshly every second... creepy and uncomfortable as hell lately, never happened before. They seem to be happening more often if I sleep with the back of my head up, elevated over my heart.

Yup, I feel exactly that when I'm too tired or overloaded, I also find it harder to have conversations or do a few apparently simple things at the same time, conversations also require quite a bit of multitasking.

New Threads

Top Bottom