• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Extraordinary fatigue

Have you donated blood recently?

I just did a Power Red blood donation where they take two units of blood, spin out the red blood cells, and give you back the plasma plus some saline. Definitely fatigued and activity jacks up my pulse and breath rate. Kind of like moving around at a high altitude.

No, I've never donated blood before.

I had been having constant anxiety for a while but it continued to escalate until it was absolutely unbearable, so instead of waiting for my appointment I went to urgent care. They ran some tests, and I'm waiting for the results. The only test that had immediate results was the EKG, which showed that my heart is healthy. I currently require constant, high amounts of benzos to retain my insanity. I've never experienced this intense and persistent anxiety before. It's somewhat unreal. If they don't find a physical cause, I will be truly be surprised, because I don't think this level of anxiety can even be managed consistently by medication.

Sorry Fino, you don't feel well, and you don't feel the medical community is helping. We are here for you. We got your back. It's okay, we just have to find the answers so you feel back to normal. Sending a gentle virtual hug.

Yes, my theory is that those problems led to something I recently learned about called "malabsorption," where my body has trouble extracting vitamins, minerals, etc. from food.
Im not a doctor, malabsortion and extreme fatigue are both symtoms of firsts stages of diabetes:

Being very thirsty.
Urinating often.
Being much more tired than usual.
Having blurry vision.
Losing weight without trying.

This is from here: Diabetes symptoms: When diabetes symptoms are a concern

Its probably not that, just in case. I wish you to be well.

For a while now, I've had the worst fatigue I've ever had. I spend most of the day in bed. A couple days ago, I slept almost 20 hours straight. I don't have any other symptoms. Obviously, I should ask a doctor but I'm wondering if anyone has ever experienced anything similar. It's not usually sleepiness, just exhaustion, an exhaustion that usually physically hurts. Ritalin, caffeine, vitamins, minerals, amino acids, food, water, and other things have made little to no difference.
Overstimulation? In such a case, you need rest. There is no other remedy than slowing down.

Malabsorption is present in celiac disease. I'm mentioning it, because I have it, but other inflammatory states of the gut can also cause the malabsorption.

For food intolerances, unfortunately the method to find out what is causing bad reactions is to exclude everything possibly causing trouble and cut down to something like rice and meat. And then check products one by one. Or gradually exclude products and see if you get better. Another problem can also be microbiom. One way or another a good course of probiotics, after treating a possible infection (for major ones that require it with antibiotics and for others Saccharomyces boulardii - Wikipedia ) is beneficial. Probiotics usually contain different kinds of Lactobacillus. If you don't have the money to pay for probiotics, they're in the "real" yoghurt and kefir and fermented foods. To keep them, you need to limit sugar and eat fiber (not in tablets, of course).

Not that I wish to worry anyone unnecessarily, but fatigue can be a sign of cancer. I know it's one of the symptoms of my type of cancer. My cancer was only discovered accidentally when I had a blood test for some unrelated reason. Since then I've become quite a fan of getting anything checked out "just to be sure". No harm in getting checked out. If you catch something early, even a serious condition is often very easily treatable.

I've never definitely considered cancer, considering I've never experienced anything like this. They possibly two days for the results but that didn't happen. They said to call the third day if I hear nothing, so I will call tomorrow.

Sorry I didn't realise you'd already had some sort of test and were waiting for results.

Fino, not that it's wonderful, but it is a good starting point with definite treatments and ability to be successful - and hope your doctor works with you carefully to get it regulated properly

Thanks for the update. Hope you get the treatment that's necessary and things turn out ok for you.

New Threads

Top Bottom