• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Experiences of counselling research (aiming to improve future counselling)

Ste83ph

Hello, I'm a trainee counselling psychologist at University of the West of England (UWE), Bristol, and I'm researching the experiences of people with Aspergers who have received counselling. This research is part of my training, and it has ethical approval from UWE. If you are interested in taking part in this research I will Email you an information sheet and give you a week to think about whether you want to take part. If you want to take part we can then arrange a time that we can have an online interview via Email, or IM, about your experiences of counselling. This interview will be no longer than an hour and, can be as short as you want (and you can always change your mind and stop the interview without having to give me a reason.)

I am hoping to learn more about what people have found helpful or unhelpful about counselling. When I have analysed this information I aim to publish this so that counsellors and psychologists can learn from the interviews and improve the way they work with Aspergers clients.

I need to interview at least 10 people who have a diagnosis of Aspergers, are over the age of 18, and have had any number of counselling sessions, about any issue.

If you would like more information about taking part in this research please email me: [email protected]
You can also contact my research supervisors Dr Victoria Clarke [email protected] and Andrea Halewood [email protected]

Thanks very much for reading

Steph Wilson

Hello all,

Thanks to those who have taken part already. I still need to do more interviews so if anyone else is willing to take part I would be extremely grateful.

Many thanks,

Steph

New Threads

Top Bottom