• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Ever had ideas for video game sequels or ideas for an original video game?

AGXStarseed

When I was younger, I originally planned to go into video game design. The thought of designing games based on my own ideas sounded like a dream job.
As I got older and learned more, however, I turned away from that idea - partly due to what I'd learnt I'd have to do as well as my parents advice that the video game design course would be too limiting on my future career options.
Of course, I've often continued to imagine making original games or sequels to games that I feel need them.
Here are some of my ideas (complete with a description of what I expect to be written on the first page in the manuals):

Evil Dead Regeneration II: Blade of Unity
Following on from its predeccesor, Evil Dead Regeneration, Ash and Sam find that they've been warped forward into a dystopian future. After been found by a resistance movement, they learn from the group's founder that Earth has been taken over by a group of dimension-jumping extraterrestrials. The alien's leader seeks the 15 hidden pieces of an ancient artifact known as the 'Blade of Unity' - a weapon which, when pieced together, will allow its weilder to utilise both the Book of the Dead and the Book of the Living - meaning whoever weilds the blade will gain God-like power.
With the aid of the leader's daughter, Hannah - a young woman who shares a spiritual connection to the book of the living - Ash and Sam head across time and space to find the pieces of the blade, collect the two books and recruit allies to their cause. But with enemies at every turn and the future of Earth hanging in the balance, can the King and his allies rise to the challenge, or is this the end for the Chosen One?

D-K: Survival
It's the 26th century. The Earth Empire is locked in a vicious interplanetary conflict with the Daleks.
In an attempt to help sway the battle in their favour, the government of Earth is recruiting men and women to serve as Dalek Bounty Hunters while offering Earth's worst criminals the choice of becoming Dalek Killers instead of been executed. You are one of these two groups.
From the moment you leave Earth, your first lesson is survival. If you can master this lesson, the future looks more promising. Hone your skills, upgrade your technology and gain experience as you travel alone or with allies to combat the Daleks.
Fight for the Earth Empire - Fight for fame and glory - Fight to survive...

Robot Wars: The Armageddon League

A final edition of the Robot Wars franchise before its revival in 2013. All your favourites from Robot Wars, Battlebots, Robotica, Roaming Robots and more return for the 8th Wars, before you embark on the Nostalgia Tour across the U.K, cross continents and even jump planets as you battle for supremacy various arenas and locations. Create your own fighting machines or ride to victory with a fan favourite. Complete the challenges, relive or change history and conquer the world before you gather together a team of the meanest machines you can as your journey ends - in the most dangerous and extreme challenge of all; the Armageddon League.
Well, Let The Wars Begin!

Crazy Taxi 4: Thunder-Road Tour
Time to take on the world as the Crazy Taxi drivers set off for a planet-wide ride of a lifetime. Use old favourites or create new cabbies and vehicles - both cars and bikes - as you journey across America before crossing the pond into the U.K, across Europe and beyond. Compete against other taxi companies worldwide, complete crazy challenges old and new and help complete odd jobs as you rake in the cash and make a name for yourself and your company. So, come on over and have some fun with Crazy Taxi!

Alone...

A young female alien becomes stranded on Earth after her ship is shot down by the military, with her been the only escapee from her human captors. During her escape, however, she has accidentally become trapped in a human form to her lack of knowledge on her species ability to shapeshift. Now alone and on the run, she must use the powers she has as well as her wits and the aid of whoever she can convince in her attempt to try and get back home. However, with Earth's government forces closing in, will she be able to get back home - or is she doomed to become a lab rat on a scary and violent world?

Other ideas I had but haven't thought more about include a sequel to Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy as well as a prequel to the Destroy All Humans! franchise; set during the Martian Wars.
Some original ideas I had but later scrapped included a game where Mother Earth takes a physical form and begins to punish humanity for everything they've done. I scrapped the idea because, lets face it, Mother Earth does a pretty good job of been destructive without having to appear physically. I took the basic idea for the video game for my idea Alone...
Another was for a crossover game - crossing over both the Godzilla and Gamera franchises. Unfortunately, that idea is no pretty much already underway with Kaiju Combat, which plans to do that and more - Kaiju Combat: The Fall of Nemesis - KaijuCombat Wiki

So, have you ever had ideas for video game sequels or ideas for an original video game?

I think it would be interesting if someone created something in the tradition of classic point-and-click adventure games like Monkey Island or Leisure Suit Larry that was about someone with AS. Maybe something like that could be an entertaining and engaging way to teaching people with AS how to navigate the social world.

That's a really good idea. :)

Games for helping people with Autism/Aspergers would be great. I remember giving up on playing games like The Sims franchise just because I struggled badly to balance everything from going to work on time, making sure I had food and drink, going to sleep and making sure I got to the toilet before wetting myself just to name a few things.

I think an Arkham-style game based on Batman Beyond would be awesome.

Trailers for the Batman: Arkham series

Review of the Batman Beyond TV series

Years ago I had an idea for a Street Fighter style game based on the Bruce Lee classic Enter the Dragon, the game would be centred around the Tournament in the movie, leading to a final Boss battle with Han.

It also bothers me a bit that to date there hasn't been a good game based on Bruce Lee himself, 30 odd years ago there was a platform game on the Spectrum and Commodore 64 called Bruce Lee, then there was a game based on Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story on the SNES, and there was also a game starring Bruce called Quest of the Dragon on the original Xbox about 15 years ago but it wasn't that good.

There's been Bruce Lee clone characters in various fighting game franchises such as Fei Long in Super Street Fighter, and Jann Lee in the Tekken games, but it's not the same.

Last edited:
Yeah, I've had a couple over the years, here's the one I've been thinking of most recently. My dream game would be an open-world, black comedy action game with vehicles and shooting similar to GTA but with a super-detailed character creation system and some action RPG mechanics, along with the ability to switch from a first- to third-person camera.

The gameplay mechanics would be centered primarily around combat, driving, and exploration. You could go through combat either guns blazing taking advantage of cover or try and do away with your enemies quietly using stealth; the sneaking mechanics would be a little bit like a cross between Manhunt and Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor. There would be a ton of different firearms, thrown, bladed and melee weapons, each of them with several attachments and modifications. The player would restore health either by eating food at a restaurant or by performing incredibly brutal executions on incapacitated foes. There would be a metric crapton of execution animations and camera angles, some using weapons, some environmental, and some carried out with the player character's bare hands. You could operate over 250 vehicles across all different categories - cars, trucks, buses, motorcycles, planes, helicopters, tanks, etc.

The game would be set close to present day in and around a grim, scummy fictional city that could easily exist in the real world. The world space would be large enough that fast travel is a necessity in some cases (this would be implemented through the region's public transit system) but detailed enough that every neighborhood and town has a distinct overall feel to it. There'd be a myriad of unsavory types roaming the streets from corrupt cops to gangbangers to religious cultists to hobos to full-blown psychopaths. The city would feel active and realistic, and not desolate and sparse like in some other games; NPCs would be engaged in a number of different activities aside from just walking, all with different appearances and voice actors.

You would play the role of an impoverished, depressed burnout who grew up in this horrid city and was subjected to a lot of abuse throughout his or her childhood, and as such your main objective throughout the game is to get revenge on all the people who've ever wronged you and make a good life for yourself at their expense. This makes for a broad premise that the player can easily project his or her personality onto.

Assisting you on this quest would be several potential companions, each with their own appearance, personality, backstory and connections. You could only have one at a time (aside from a dog you come across starving in an alley early in the game, and take in as your pet) but you can tell one to go home and call up another from the in-game cell phone.

The leveling system would be similar to the Elder Scrolls games: your character has a basic set of skills including agility, strength, marksmanship, stealth, social aptitude, etc. which be improved either through experience (shootouts, fistfights, going out to social events or dates, working out at the gym, etc.) or by paying in-game cash (earned through odd jobs, missions, and theft) for a session with a trainer (a personal trainer at the gym, a speech therapist, a shooting instructor at the gun store, etc.). Leveling up your character would have benefits aside from just more powerful abilities, for example a character with a high social skill level would be able to get a discount at a shop they've done business at a certain number of times, or a proficient marksman would impress a certain gun nut companion enough that a mission normally required to have them accompany you is rendered unnecessary.

The game would feature several in-game radio stations able to be heard when in a vehicle, each with a DJ, the occasional ad for a fictional product or business, and several tens of songs representing a deep knowledge of its respective music genre. The original soundtrack, played on foot and during missions, would be composed of dark ambient / electronic-influenced music which would switch to a more or less intense mix of the current track depending on whether the player was being searched for, in combat, or just on foot.

I'm just throwing spaghetti at the wall at this point but you get the idea.

Last edited:
One of the games I've always wanted, is an Xbox version of Lemmings or something similar.

Oh god, this would be amazing. So many hours of my life spent on lemmings on the PC! I'm pretty sure it does have a version on the PS Vita, so it's not completely out of the realms of possibility that it could come to XBox one day. Here's hoping!

A Samurai Jack video game that is set after Jack loses his sword and before the beginning of events 50 years later - the game showing Jack's slow descent into insanity while also showing him trying to find some purpose with him now having no way to defeat Aku and no way back to the past.

Video: Jack loses his sword

Video: 50 Years Later...

Oh god, this would be amazing. So many hours of my life spent on lemmings on the PC! I'm pretty sure it does have a version on the PS Vita, so it's not completely out of the realms of possibility that it could come to XBox one day. Here's hoping!

Unfortunately there's no chance, apparently Sony has the rights to Lemmings sewn up, just like sadly there's no chance of an Xbox version of Street Fighter 5 for the same reason, Sony paid Capcom a boatload of loot for exclusivity.

Been there, done that:

Not alone, mind you. I was contracted by a developer that I've known for awhile now to help in the making of this one (the game is Starward Rogue, it's like Binding of Isaac, except bullet-hell). I design the bosses/enemies and the related patterns that they launch at you, and I balance the game's difficulty modes.

For whatever reason I was also given some authority in the project, which meant I had quite a bit of control over the aspects that I wasnt making myself.

So, ALOT of my ideas and such in this one.

It released awhile back, but work on it continues anyway. Soon, an expansion. Before that, extreme frustration as I try to get new stuff to work without A: bugging out, or B: exploding.

I'm not very patient about bug-testing, you see. And my code is about as organized as a tornado that had a head-on collision with a hurricane. So that leads to some heated arguements between me and the machine.

New Threads

Top Bottom