• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Engaged & finding it hard

Joel I

I'm not officially diagnosed yet but fairly sure I have AS. Been reading a few things and thinking that explains everything or is this written about me?

I started my 1st relationship when I was 28 before that I thought I'd die alone and was happy with that. But I met this guy who I love more then anything so when we got a house together I asked him to marry me. I can't imagine life without him.

But we have been having a lot of problems. I have recently lost my dream job and finding it hard to cope. He had serious medical problem last year & lost his job & been unable to get another job. I really have a problem communicating which causes a lot of stress. To complicate matters we both suffer from depression. And everyone seems to hate us or at least avoid us.

He often says he doesn't know how much more he can take & I think the same.

I highly recommend you both seek professional help for the stress and depression if you aren't already seeing somebody. You might also benefit from couples' counseling.

This is Joel's partner.

We are currently seeing someone and undergoing couples counselling. We have benefitted a little from the sessions, but we still have our problems.

There may be a very good chance that Joel has AS, and we are both dealing with depression, but in my opinion that is mostly due to going through a hard time financially as well as emotionally (re: depression).

I am with him every step of the way when it comes to his possible AS. And although I don't suffer from it myself, I have a family member who does. Yes, we are going through a rough patch but it is nothing we won't overcome.

Finding it difficult again! Will (fiancée) is having a break down & I have no clue how to help. I know I'm a huge cause of the problems. I over react to any adversary & I am too literal when talking with Will. I'm just sick of the daily arguments, I want to stop them but don't know how.

Finding it difficult again! Will (fiancée) is having a break down & I have no clue how to help. I know I'm a huge cause of the problems. I over react to any adversary & I am too literal when talking with Will. I'm just sick of the daily arguments, I want to stop them but don't know how.
I don't really know, but my first thought is suggest you try and suss out whether your partner is ready to talk or wants to be left alone for a while. You might just have to give him some space, and wait for him to be ready.

Well it's a bad as ever again & I'm not sure if it is fixable anymore. We are after different things and I'm not sure if there is any middle ground left. I'm so tired with daily fights I don't know how to go on

The relationship ended last month. However we are trying to remain friends and that works some days. We are both under a lot of stress & live in a very unhealthy town which we are both planning to leave. I'm planning on going to the Australian Bat Clinic where I can help look after bats, a life long obsession.

New Threads

Top Bottom