• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Employment Resources

I had the best job in the world - a zookeeper, but was fired because I don't fit in with the team. I feel I was put on earth to look after animals but there is no other zoo in the area and even if I can get into another zoo who's saying the same thing wont happen again.

I have been told many times that I should try selling my painting but I don't think that would ever make much money if any. So I am just trying to work out what to do.

Joel, you've got "nothing to lose" by trying to get more job experience as a zoo keeper somewhere else if you can find that. Hopefully, you learn more as you go along with each year and each experience that comes your way. Also, not every place of institution has a union you can join. Some unions are helpful, and some aren't. I hope this helps.

Joel, do u admit to certain others off the spectrum your differences? If so, how do you go about it? If not, u should if u can do so wisely. Are u diagnosed do you have others issues even if suspected? If suspected, figure out for sure what they are. My disabilityadvocate1.com blog could help you too.

Sal, how's your move on as you put it going? Getting any where settled soon yet? I hope!

Hi AspieSam! That's very nice of you to ask!! Well I'm still at the same place doing a customer service type role but not looking at this as long term. I have my REALLY good days and REALLY bad days. I had a mini breakdown at the beginning of September with the change of job and the fact that I had requested to sit out of the way so that there was less distractions for me but they put me in the middle of the office next to a freakin radio!! My partner told me I wasn't going back until they put something in place for me and which they were quick to do and I have monthly meetings.

This is exactly the kind of information I was hoping for when I came to this site. I've had severe problems with employment for a long time now, and after recently finding out I could be an Aspie, now I think I know why. Hopefully some of this can help me out.

I just found it! Yea! It's a bran new aspie be your own boss support group! If you want to be part of entrepreneurs or hopeful ones and are the the spectrum. Register here for free! And tell EVERYONE else who you think might be a strong member for it too!

Here it is.- SMF User Help
Sad to say but this never really got off the ground. I registered and the last post was over a year ago.
It's so frustrating, I'm endlessly looking for help with self employment and always end up feeling completely alone with it.

New Threads

Top Bottom