• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Emotional support cat is gone.

I still have all their collars and toys, and there are still framed pictures of all of them in my house. It has never gotten easier for me.

I have pictures I want to hang on walls too, but I can't do it. It's too painful to look at. These furry creatures walk into our hearts and take a piece with them when they leave. It's so difficult to deal with.

It might feel like you’re replacing the previous one at first and you might have feelings of guilt at first, but you’re not really replacing anyone, and your next pet will bring lots of joy to your life too.
I could not live without dogs or other animals in my life so I always end up with another one eventually. They are all unique and special in their own way and there will always be room in your heart for more. They will love you and provide comfort and loyalty for years to come.
+1,000. So very true. Every cat that I have had are their own personality. None are replaceable, yet I find that It is enjoyable interacting with their cat-like behavior, being surprised at times as they decide to put their own spin on things.

I have pictures I want to hang on walls too, but I can't do it. It's too painful to look at. These furry creatures walk into our hearts and take a piece with them when they leave. It's so difficult to deal with.
I have felt that way, but then realize that my heart is expansive enough to have room for the little creatures that I share the world with.

The one thing I try to keep in perspective is the joy and love that such a pet can bring us. And that there's nothing to erase such fond memories of them.

Where you may feel blessed that their presence improved the quality of your life...even if for a brief time.

Hi @Sarahrken, this is just an idea, but have you thought about journaling about Bilbo and what he meant to you? It might help you process the grief better. It would also give you a momento of sorts, a record of all your memories about him, why he was so special, what it felt like to lose him, that you could go back to years from now and re-read, long after the memories have faded or grown dusty from lack of use.

New Threads

Top Bottom