• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Emotional Response to Music

Every time I here "Tomorrow" from Annie, I have a hard time not crying. I guess its because the optimistic view of tomorrow in the song is how I used to feel, until my tomorrows never got better or got worse.

YES, I have a weird tactile feeling response to sound, so hearing complex arrangements is almost overwhelming,
. When exposed to the emotional resonance of music combined with the way i physically feels to me. It (music) is one of the most exquisite pleasures in my life.

Last edited:
I find it easier to listen to Baroque music than some other types (classical and popular)
that seem to push me around/try to manipulate me emotionally. Then there are the things
that make all those shiver/zingy feelings, no particular genre or content.

Although humans speaking isn't music, I don't know any other place to say
that I have a mental file of voices that I like to hear: Carol Channing, Walter Matthau,
Eve Arden, Tiny Tim (mostly singing, though, not speaking),Woody Allen, Bea Arthur,
George Burns, Judy Holliday, Loretta Lynn (speaking, not singing)...others.

Last edited:
I find it easier to listen to Baroque music than some other types (classical and popular)
that seem to push me around/try to manipulate me emotionally. Then there are the things

that I have a mental file of voices that I like to hear: Carol Channing, Walter Matthau,
Eve Arden, Tiny Tim (mostly singing, though, not speaking),Woody Allen, Bea Arthur,

Classical music is supposed to be good for you! . Have you tried binaurials , dear? I created a playlist specifically to aid ASpergers/autistic people. All the collected videos are research from before I could get a doctors diagnosis! Do you want me to share ? I love to help! :)

Sometimes a song will come on that I like, and I'll dance around to it a bit, and as soon as I start to sing I'll just be in tears. Happy songs, none in particular, but just the act of singing will do it. Strange.

I understand very much where you're coming from! People always asked me of my interest i Baroque music; I simply can't explain it. I just find the genre to be so reflective and expressive of the human condition.

Music from the past, even theme music of the TV shows i watched in my Childhood overwhelm me. It makes me remember how much hope i had for the future in those years

New Threads

Top Bottom