• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Einstein's Autobiography

Myrtonos

I was wondering if autism could be understood through Einstein's autobiography as Einstein himself is held to have been autistic.

Similarities could be gleaned by people. But that is one person's life and experiences, and autism is a vast spectrum containing millions of people, from all over the world, each with unique lives, thoughts and living amidst various cultures. Also, Einstein was born in the late 1800's and died in the 1950's, which might make things a little less relatable for some people.

Ed

Einstein on Einstein published by Princeton University Press. Other biographies by autistics:

The Autistic Mind by Grandin
Born on a Blue Day by Tammet
Look Me in the Eye by Robinson
How to be Human by Fleming
Intelligent Love by Park
In a Different Key by Donovan

And while not a biography by an autistic the book Struck by Genius by Padgett takes a look at how a TBI altered a neurotypical man's brain into that of a savant. The neuroscience of the brain and nervous system is really what defines the neurotype and understanding how it functions often helps.

Other books on the neurobiological aspects are:

Immense World by Yong
The Disordered Mind by Kandel

I have read so many books on Einstein when I was younger biographies in particular, knowing I have these traits, leaves me no doubt that he is similar to me in the way he thinks, visual thinker, probably an Aspie, attracts the ladies, brighter than I'll ever be, gives IQ tests a bad rap, at least for Aspies 160, in most books now 190 on the latest internet Seaches.

Happy I was alive for a few months before he died.
A lot of his colleagues I suspect also were Aspies.

New Threads

Top Bottom