• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Effect of abuse on autistic kids

In understanding and surrender, there is hope and strength, I think.
I feel this way too quite a lot. Though at other times I feel so disappointed I could scream.

In some ways it was easier to deal with when I was a teenager, when the world didn't make sense I picked up my guitar and belted out Nirvana songs. I don't get the opportunity so much these days, but I would certainly enjoy it if I could do it like in the old days!

My abuse mostly happened after I had become an adult but there was still some abusive behavior once I had turned ten but it wasn’t as bad as it had gotten by the time I had to cut off ties with my abuser.

Screenshot_20230131-223310.png

I've being battling depression and using all my strength to decide to make my life meaningful. Due to abuse I felt same as one stories, as if years went by and I was floating by and hazy and my memories were so repressed.
Now that I know what I missed out on and how beautiful life could've being it really depressed me but I'm too old to ever recover best years of my life.

I've being battling depression and using all my strength to decide to make my life meaningful. Due to abuse I felt same as one stories, as if years went by and I was floating by and hazy and my memories were so repressed.
Now that I know what I missed out on and how beautiful life could've being it really depressed me but I'm too old to ever recover best years of my life.
I often feel this way too :-( It's like a broken vase. You can glue the pieces back together but it's never the same. Though to try and add some positivity, you do still have the vase at least :)

New Threads

Top Bottom