• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Easter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
REMINDER:

This forum is not for debating religion, preaching to others or
talking down to others based on their religious beliefs.

An wael she spake it true then. Its like the roots of a tree all tangled up; the older it gets, the harder the sapling is to see

What do you pagans make of the Triune God of Israel? and of Our Lady, who is incredibly powerful in Her intercessions though She is a mere human being?; albeit, the greatest of all human beings, humanity as God originally intended it to be, the Immaculately Conceived New Eve.

Fun fact. Rabbits are a fertility thing because it seemed like they could reproduce all of a sudden without mating.

This is because they have 2 wombs. They could be mounted once, but produce 2 litters.

What do you pagans make of the Triune God of Israel? and of Our Lady, who is incredibly powerful in Her intercessions though She is a mere human being?; albeit, the greatest of all human beings, humanity as God originally intended it to be, the Immaculately Conceived New Eve.

I'm sorry my dear. I am a Christian myself, but I find I don't even understand what you wrote.

I don't like religious jargon.

I like the way that Jesus taught. He used simple language that everyday folks could understand. He could use few words and really get a point across.

I can understand a pagan perspective because it's a simple connection with nature. It's earthy. Nature is beautiful. It feels good.

Actually, that's probably one of the reasons I always enjoyed learning about Jesus as a kid. I lived on a farm. I lived in nature. I connected with his illustrations and his talk of nature.

One pagan woman explained to me that she can see the sun. You can feel it's warmth. You can see how it helps things grow. She preferred to honour something she could see and feel, rather than something she could not.

Edited: preferred is hard to spell

Last edited:
I'm sorry my dear. I am a Christian myself, but I find I don't even understand what you wrote.

I like the way that Jesus taught. He used simple language that everyday folks could understand. He could use few words and really get a point across.

I can understand a pagan perspective because it's a simple connection with nature. It's earthy. Nature is beautiful. It feels good.

Actually, that's probably one of the reasons I always enjoyed learning about Jesus as a kid. I lived on a farm. I lived in nature. I connected with his illustrations and his talk of nature.

One pagan woman explained to me that she can see the sun. You can feel it's warmth. You can see how it helps things grow. She profered to honour something she could see and feel, rather than something she could not.
Our Lord did say simple things, but they did contain profound “religious jargon:”

Jesus saith to him: I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No man cometh to the Father, but by me.
-St. John 14:6 DR

Our Lord declares that He is Truth Himself, and Life Himself, and even “the Way” Himself, the Way to the Father, the Way of Salvation.

Indeed, Catholic Theology teaches that God is the Supreme Being, He is perfect Truth, perfect Life, perfect Goodness, He is all those perfections; He is not in creation but all the good aspects of creation reflect to some degree His perfection as the Supreme Being.

Now in regards to paganism, it’s not exactly that simple, I’ll spare you the discussion of whether or not the sun has any conscience or will that can hear prayers and receive sacrifice and adoration, and instead discuss this: the Greeks identified the sun as a spirit named Helios, the Greeks identified Helios as a masculine spirit. However, many other cultures identified the spirit associated with the sun as famine, including our own Germanic culture; the English word “sun,” comes from the figure Suna, albeit, some claim that Suna was more of poetic figure, than a spirit that was adored by the Germanic pagans. Despite Suna being feminine and Helios being masculine, these two spirits are one and the same, we know this because Sunday, is obviously named after Suna, while the Latin name for Sunday is Dies Solis, “Sol’s Day,” Sol, is the name the Roman’s have for the spirit associated with the sun, and both they and the Greeks claim that Sol and Helios are the same spirit. (This by the way is also how we know that Frigg, after whom Friday is named, is the same spirit as Ishtar.)

By contrast, the Japanese associate the sun with a spirit named Amaterasu, but a recent study showed that the Greeks would not identify Amaterasu as the same spirit as Helios, but rather another spirit whom they called Demeter; I touch upon this in a blog post I did awhile back: Do Catholics "worship" Mary?: An Ancient Perspective

Our Lord did say simple things, but they did contain profound “religious jargon:”

Jesus saith to him: I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No man cometh to the Father, but by me.
-St. John 14:6 DR

Our Lord declares that He is Truth Himself, and Life Himself, and even “the Way” Himself, the Way to the Father, the Way of Salvation.

Indeed, Catholic Theology teaches that God is the Supreme Being, He is perfect Truth, perfect Life, perfect Goodness, He is all those perfections; He is not in creation but all the good aspects of creation reflect to some degree His perfection as the Supreme Being.

Now in regards to paganism, it’s not exactly that simple, I’ll spare you the discussion of whether or not the sun has any conscience or will that can hear prayers and receive sacrifice and adoration, and instead discuss this: the Greeks identified the sun as a spirit named Helios, the Greeks identified Helios as a masculine spirit. However, many other cultures identified the spirit associated with the sun as famine, including our own Germanic culture; the English word “sun,” comes from the figure Suna, albeit, some claim that Suna was more of poetic figure, than a spirit that was adored by the Germanic pagans. Despite Suna being feminine and Helios being masculine, these two spirits are one and the same, we know this because Sunday, is obviously named after Suna, while the Latin name for Sunday is Dies Solis, “Sol’s Day,” Sol, is the name the Roman’s have for the spirit associated with the sun, and both they and the Greeks claim that Sol and Helios are the same spirit. (This by the way is also how we know that Frigg, after whom Friday is named, is the same spirit as Ishtar.)

By contrast, the Japanese associate the sun with a spirit named Amaterasu, but a recent study showed that the Greeks would not identify Amaterasu as the same spirit as Helios, but rather another spirit whom they called Demeter; I touch upon this in a blog post I did awhile back: Do Catholics "worship" Mary?: An Ancient Perspective
I would like all your sources to be posted, BTW.

I don't like the fact that you used the word "pagan" as an insult here. Watch your tone.

What do you make of the God we Catholics and Christians adore, and Mary, the Woman we Catholics and some other Christians venerate?
To me, your god is now a symbol of oppression because Christians were (and continue to) oppressive towards minorities. I'm not saying all Christians were/are like that, but both history and current events makes me not want to worship your god, and I will never be Christian ever again due to negative experiences with Christianity.

Mary was just a woman who magically gave birth to what was essentially a demigod without intercourse. At least pagan mythologies actually acknowledge that intercourse was needed, making it more believable.

However, I would vibe well with Jesus. Some of his followers, however, I wouldn't.

One pagan woman explained to me that she can see the sun. You can feel it's warmth. You can see how it helps things grow. She preferred to honour something she could see and feel, rather than something she could not.

Edited: preferred is hard to spell
Yeshua(transliterated Hebrew for jesus)Defines deity as The father(Elohim if you're orthodox ,secular jewish.Jehovah if you're Jehovah's witness,G-d for many other Christian sects)the son (Immanuel (transliterated Hebrew for G-d with us,part human ,part G-d) ,the ruach ha kodesh(transliterated Hebrew for holy spirit)so three parts or triune also called trinity

I understand what you are saying here, but when you say

you are offending me, for you are being pejorative of something I hold dear.

Let the standards used in the forum be equal.
By definition, a demigod is the hybrid of a human and a deity. I don't care what your bible or preachers say. Jesus was born in an extremely similar way, making him a demigod. Just facts. I apologize if the facts offend you. Just stating them.

@Alexej the tone here was offensive and made it sound like an insult, not the word itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom