• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Drum Intro ;D

Carl Carter

Halloo, hate intros.

NAME: Carl

I'm a horror fan and a bit of a metalhead, although I like other musical forms, too, like harmonica chugging :D

If you want to know anything else, ask, because I can't be bothered to list owt else :p

Thanks!

Favourite band: My Dying Bride (the ultimate lords of DOOM!!!!!). Closely followed by Blood Red Shoes (not so much metal, but very cool anyway :) )

Hah, blood type!!?? I haven't a clue lol! I do know it's red. Yeah, definitely red.

I was only joking :p. I'd probably forget. I don't know mine neither. I could ask my parents for theirs, but I'm not that bothered about knowing anyway xD.
EMZ=]

Hi Carl, welcome to Aspergic. Horror as in...horror movies? I love horror movies. Wooo!

Hang on...er, born in 1978, so I'm actually 31 lol! Oops. But I'll be 32 soon :D

Horror films, novels, illustrations. Pretty much anything horror related :)

What's your favourite horror film?

Crikey, there are so many! I like every type of horror, from the subtlest ghost story to the old Italian cannibal gore-fests, so I guess I have favorites for each category.

The Haunting (1963) has got to be the best of the subtle stuff.
The Fearless Vampire Killers (1967) is perhaps my favorite comic horror film.
Zombie Flesh Eaters (1978) is by the far one of the best ever gross-outs :)

Damn, I do like modern films, too lol! Shaun of the Dead, anything by George Romero, Dario Argento and John Carpenter (especially The Thing).

Hmm. I'm more for psychological horror. Silence of the Lambs and Hannibal. They're classed as horror right? What with me being young I don't know many older horror films (I wasn't implying that you're not young, merely that if it's not something that came out recently, or something popular I don't know of it as I'm not uberly obsessed)...and cheesy unrealistic gore just...doesn't appeal to me. Not because it's gross, just because I'd rather it look real.

If you like the psychological stuff you'd probably enjoy The Haunting. I class the Hannibal Lector films as horror, but I know plenty who would insist on calling them psychological thrillers lol. Hate it when folk try to give horror a more mainstream name. You ever see Manhunter? That was the first Lector film, with Brian Cox as Lector, based on the book Red Dragon. Very atmospheric that one. I know what you mean about the cheesy gore, but I think there's something truly hilarious about a really OTT splatter film :D Like Peter Jackson's early films Bad Taste and Braindead ("I kick arse for the Lord!" :lol: ). Two of the silliest and funniest films I've ever seen!!!

I got into horror really young; saw The Thing when I was 6, and my parents would always let me watch the old Hammer horror films and stuff like that. Plus during my teens I always looked older so I never had any problem renting out 18 rated videos :)

I do enjoy fantasy and sci fi too. A lot of that stuff actually mixes with horror really well: Alien and Terminator for instance. Oh and Doom, based on the video game, love that film :) Yup, I'm completely obsessed, have dozens of films, thousands of books...think I'd die without a constant supply of weirdness lol.

Don't know really. :p I'm not much of a film person, I went through a stage of disliking films, but now I don't mind them. I like modern comedies and some action type stuff. *shrug* :)

Don't know really. :p I'm not much of a film person, I went through a stage of disliking films, but now I don't mind them. I like modern comedies and some action type stuff. *shrug* :)

You may enjoy the new Sherlock Holmes film: pretty funny and plenty of action. I liked it a lot more than I thought I would :)

Yeah, me and Willow have been meaning to go and see that, saw the trailers a while ago. Looks good

I wanted to see 'The Box' too, but I'm not sure if it's in cinema's anymore...? :(

I saw The Box. It was actually really good, and I personally thought it was awesome the way everything linked up. It's like, an hour later you're still figuring out why something happened xD.
If it is still in the cinema I really recommend you check it out ^_^.
EMZ=]

:( I don't get paid till Friday... so wouldn't realistically see it until a week on wednesday. :( Hope it's still there.

That sucks, Chris. Hope it is still there.
IMO it was good. But obviously it's subjective.
Hey, Carl, welcome ^_^.
EMZ=]

New Threads

Top Bottom