• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Drum Intro ;D

If you like the psychological stuff you'd probably enjoy The Haunting. I class the Hannibal Lector films as horror, but I know plenty who would insist on calling them psychological thrillers lol. Hate it when folk try to give horror a more mainstream name. You ever see Manhunter? That was the first Lector film, with Brian Cox as Lector, based on the book Red Dragon. Very atmospheric that one. I know what you mean about the cheesy gore, but I think there's something truly hilarious about a really OTT splatter film :D Like Peter Jackson's early films Bad Taste and Braindead ("I kick arse for the Lord!" :lol: ). Two of the silliest and funniest films I've ever seen!!!

I got into horror really young; saw The Thing when I was 6, and my parents would always let me watch the old Hammer horror films and stuff like that. Plus during my teens I always looked older so I never had any problem renting out 18 rated videos :)

I do enjoy fantasy and sci fi too. A lot of that stuff actually mixes with horror really well: Alien and Terminator for instance. Oh and Doom, based on the video game, love that film :) Yup, I'm completely obsessed, have dozens of films, thousands of books...think I'd die without a constant supply of weirdness lol.

I've not seen Manhunter, I did read about it though because for a while I was obsessed with Hannibal. I love all types of films to be honest, including musicals (my Mum likes them, I kind of got railroaded into that..) I watched the recent Sweeney Todd and was hugely dissapointed. The only reason I watched it was because it was a mix of my favourite actor, actress and director, so I was expecting something spectacular and it was just...stupid. :(

[quote name='Willow' date='25 January 2010 - 12:06 AM' timestamp='1264377995' post='913] The only reason I watched it was because it was a mix of my favourite actor, actress and director, so I was expecting something spectacular and it was just...stupid. :(
[/quote]

Woo-hoo! Johnny Depp rules!! :) Been a fan of his ever since A Nightmare on Elm Street. He always chooses cool roles. Ed Wood is one of my favorites, absolutely hilarious!!! I love Helena Bonham Carter (no relation lol) and Tim Burton too. His take on Batman is still the best. But the best Sweeney Todd adaption is the BBC one starring Ray Winston in the title role. Much better since it was based on the original novel rather than the later musical stage version :) Best musicals (not that I've seen many) are Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and the 1973 version of The Wicker Man. Oh, and I suppose This Is Spinal Tap is kind of a musical! Brilliant!!!! :D

Thanks!

Favourite band: My Dying Bride (the ultimate lords of DOOM!!!!!). Closely followed by Blood Red Shoes (not so much metal, but very cool anyway :) )

Hah, blood type!!?? I haven't a clue lol! I do know it's red. Yeah, definitely red.

Oh no, not dying bride, not them!

It's the most dreary boring band I've ever heard. Especially My Body, A Funeral.

I've not seen Manhunter, I did read about it though because for a while I was obsessed with Hannibal. I love all types of films to be honest, including musicals (my Mum likes them, I kind of got railroaded into that..) I watched the recent Sweeney Todd and was hugely dissapointed. The only reason I watched it was because it was a mix of my favourite actor, actress and director, so I was expecting something spectacular and it was just...stupid. :(

Oh Hannibal is just FANTASTIC!

New Threads

Top Bottom