• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

dont want to go to groups anymore - both of us

Rainbowpride

AM FABULOUS DARLINGS
Since the beginning of the covid lockdowns that started in march 2020 both me and my partner want to continue staying at home more than go to groups everyday , over the last year i have found my partner wishes to go to the groups less , we just want us time most of the time and maybe go out for a walk each day and go to appointments we both will no longer going to church and going one or two groups a week . we have our cat and support worker visiting from the 17 th at the moment we have been phone call once a week and face to face once a week but outside . my partner had depression but i have a lot more mental health issues , including OCD , BPD , Voices and see things my mental health hasnt been to great but we just don't want to be around people , i had a big meltdown last week but that its more my voices that bother me ,i am also listen to music but my tastes have changed but also understanding what people am talking to is bad and so is my attention span and voices on top , noise just goes through me now and i cant be in places there lots of people ...and i stim and have tics , planes and helicopters sets me panicking on top but that has been there for a while now . i just want to sit and read or be on my pc sometimes ...
unsure why am posting this ... just wanted to say ...

Same here. I used to like it, but now i prefer birds.

Yes I have got used to doing less with others since covid. And not going out to shops much. But I do go for walks.

So it sounds like you are happy with not going to a group. But you have a worker that you see, and that's enough. I like your signature, it really is rainbow Pride!

I would caution you that people (even Autistic/Asperger's) do eventually need some interaction... I do know that group things have been on hold for over a year now - depending on where you live... But in my opinion it's unhealthy to withdraw too much, that it potentially leads to mental health troubles

I haven't been to a proper church service in 14 months now, and I personally miss the community, this also extends to other groups I was part of...

hey everyone , both me and my partner went out for a walk yesterday it was meant to be a walk instead we sat in the sun on a bench in the park that we like , we talked about the groups that we were going to one of them we might only go once a week as my partner gets on with two people there and everyone else annoys him one of them had a stroke last year and cant play pool any more because of the stroke the other person gets banned a lot for not behaving . one other group i might go once a week with my support worker as my partner cant stand the place and another one is in a church we use to go to on a Tuesday mornings , there is also a few lgbt groups hopefully online as well as face to face my partner will come with me as well as my partner is also my carer and some pagan groups once they find a place to meet they lost there venue due to covid the pub they were having it shut down . more groups than planed but still want to not go out as much .

hey everyone , both me and my partner went out for a walk yesterday it was meant to be a walk instead we sat in the sun on a bench in the park that we like , we talked about the groups that we were going to one of them we might only go once a week as my partner gets on with two people there and everyone else annoys him one of them had a stroke last year and cant play pool any more because of the stroke the other person gets banned a lot for not behaving . one other group i might go once a week with my support worker as my partner cant stand the place and another one is in a church we use to go to on a Tuesday mornings , there is also a few lgbt groups hopefully online as well as face to face my partner will come with me as well as my partner is also my carer and some pagan groups once they find a place to meet they lost there venue due to covid the pub they were having it shut down . more groups than planed but still want to not go out as much .
do you yourself worship a pagan deity at these groups?, i m asking as if you worship at a Christian church as well, you'll cut yourself in two ,better to concentrate on one .

i was Christian before am not now the groups is a mental health group that's in the church that we use to go to we are Pagan now the mental health group i got is run by the NHS we only go once a week that is all its we don't use it in a church sense but a venue that happens to house it . my partner is also pagan but don't believe in any God or Gods ( my partner think he dictates his own path and not by some God . but he finds paganism interesting ( and yes you can follow many paths at the same time there is Eclectic ( meaning selecting or choosing from many sources ) the pagan group i want to go to is for all types of pagan as long as they live in the area the pagan group are sperate of the mental health groups and they have nothing to do with each other )

New Threads

Top Bottom