• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Don't seem autistic

in N.E England we would say your face doesnt fit ,you DONT suck up to people thats the b***h comment
if you wear the im the gossip and i have an acceptable illness mask youre fine
if not youre in the leper class outcast
like Yeshua Jesus he was different
A medical doctor on call at my regular office didn't read the bold print at the top of my report ANXIETY PATIENT, called me a B****, and then gave me a very intimate exam. She said I 'appeared unhappy' and called the police. I am not kidding here... I walked out and drove off. I was not outspoken or loud, I cannot stop reviewing the incident searching for clues although 3 months have passed...I asked my regular doctor about it and a slew of admins raced into the room and 'advocated' the incident. Turns out an advocate IS NOT ON YOUR TEAM... an aging Aspie is a lonely and unprotected Aspie. This is my first day here I'm kind of letting it all out but its a STRUGGLE...

So this is an issue I've come across a few times now, since my diagnosis. People sometimes tell me that I don't seem autistic .

I'm just barely beginning to understand Asperger's so I don't expect your average NT to be able to grasp it. Perhaps she was simply looking for insight. Obviously she found you to be an asset. Just because we are autistic does not mean that we don't excel in many areas. I have found ways to put my "disability" to very good use on the job--I'll walk onto a new job and within a short period of time I will have everything re-arranged, cataloged, categorized, minimized, organized, and operating at highly increased efficiency thereby substantially increasing their profits. They generally put up with my idiosyncrasies.

Two of my coworkers like to joke about their (and mine) autistic traits, I joke along with it because I honestly think it's great to talk about real life issues for me in a joking way. I'm still not sure whether they're 100% joking or just indirectly asking me whether I am on the spectrum. Funny thing is, I'm fairly sure they are Aspies too.

After reading your comments I'm thinking about posting my Aspie Quiz scores on the front of a T-Shirt.

I know, but the wall is too far behing for me to bang my head repeatedly against it, so I understand that you were fooled",
I love this!!! I must use this!

Sadly, I'm only able to do that when I'm not in an overly stressful situation, otherwise I just blurt out random things or shut up, flabbergasted.
That is exactly what I do. I have only recently been learning why I do that.

i went to many schools and let me tell u the problem i had similar to you
first school nobody i knew i had autism so they would be hard on me for screwing up and be called rude for not paritcipating in stage performances or eye contact and expected too much from me
second school only the teacher was told and he quickly told the students but told them nto to tell me they knew so when i walked in class i was paranoid who knew what and dead silence they started treat me different
last school all knew and then they would just treat me extra extra nice like i was a alien to them they would say hi to me in hall and be too nice to me and i didnt like the spcial treatment

New Threads

Top Bottom