• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Don't Be Shy To Introduce Yourself

Hi,

This is a bit scary lol.
I’m a 32 yo scandinavian woman, and mother of two. I received my autism diagnosis about a year ago. Had no clue I would end up autistic - but it clearly does makes sense now. I am definitely on the spectrum.

It’s a bit scary and hard to admit, but I guess I’m looking for a friend. Or just some people to cheer for me. I’m currently feeling life is really challenging. Having a hard time managing to handle my anxiety. So I guess that’s why I’m reaching out. I don’t have any friends in real life. I have a wonderful husband though, but it’s not quite the same as a good friend. I’ve had friends. Really good ones. But you know. Life… And also my husband is not on the spectrum. And sometimes it can be such a relieve to talk to like minded. Hoping to connect with a few. :)

Hei og velkommen

There are some Scandies in here as well as a lot of other nationalities.
Do hang around a bit and get to know us

Hi,

This is a bit scary lol.
I’m a 32 yo scandinavian woman, and mother of two. I received my autism diagnosis about a year ago. Had no clue I would end up autistic - but it clearly does makes sense now. I am definitely on the spectrum.

It’s a bit scary and hard to admit, but I guess I’m looking for a friend. Or just some people to cheer for me. I’m currently feeling life is really challenging. Having a hard time managing to handle my anxiety. So I guess that’s why I’m reaching out. I don’t have any friends in real life. I have a wonderful husband though, but it’s not quite the same as a good friend. I’ve had friends. Really good ones. But you know. Life… And also my husband is not on the spectrum. And sometimes it can be such a relieve to talk to like minded. Hoping to connect with a few. :)

Hello Heatherx, I have a Swedish daughter-in-law and grandson. As far as I know, they are not on the spectrum, but it is a bit of a connection for me to the Scandenavian landscape.

I have found the connections here online to be enriching. Finally some people who relate to what I am going through and I relate to others. It's like finally finding where I belong.

I also have an NT husband. He is wonderful, but there are so many things he doesn't get about me, even when I explain it.

Anyway, welcome to the forum.

Hi I am Ms Muffinz!

I don’t know if I’m really autistic, but I’m trying to figure it out. I’ve been lurking for a while but I decided to join mainly because of the blog feature.

I’m a female in my mid thirties. I am employed, and am currently doing a university degree at the same time (special interest), and yes, I’m probably taking on more than I should… Let’s see what happens.

I’m kind of overwhelmed by the backs and forths on a forum (I get anxious about having to respond to every person and replying to them and keeping several conversations going at the same time), so mostly I will be blogging and maybe chiming in here or there when I think I can contribute.

Muffinz

My name is David, I'm 34 years old. I was diagnosed 4 years ago but I've had suspicions since I was in my 20s.

My diagnosis relieved a lot of negative feelings I had about myself. I felt like a failure because I could never fit in until I found out I'm not supposed to.

I am a writer and a podcaster, a father and a husband. I am also a DJ at my college's radio station.

I listen to metal mostly but I can pretty much listen to almost anything besides country.

I collect Roman coins either mentioned in the New Testament or of emperors and proconculs that were mentioned in the Bible. I also collect postage stamps depicting different diseases.

Hello & welcome.
I listen to metal mostly...
My idea of "heavy metal" is tuba music...!
full

Hi I am Ms Muffinz!

I don’t know if I’m really autistic, but I’m trying to figure it out. I’ve been lurking for a while but I decided to join mainly because of the blog feature.

I’m a female in my mid thirties. I am employed, and am currently doing a university degree at the same time (special interest), and yes, I’m probably taking on more than I should… Let’s see what happens.

I’m kind of overwhelmed by the backs and forths on a forum (I get anxious about having to respond to every person and replying to them and keeping several conversations going at the same time), so mostly I will be blogging and maybe chiming in here or there when I think I can contribute.

Muffinz
My name is David, I'm 34 years old. I was diagnosed 4 years ago but I've had suspicions since I was in my 20s.

My diagnosis relieved a lot of negative feelings I had about myself. I felt like a failure because I could never fit in until I found out I'm not supposed to.

I am a writer and a podcaster, a father and a husband. I am also a DJ at my college's radio station.

I listen to metal mostly but I can pretty much listen to almost anything besides country.

I collect Roman coins either mentioned in the New Testament or of emperors and proconculs that were mentioned in the Bible. I also collect postage stamps depicting different diseases.
Hey to both of you and welcome. Glad to have you here. Take your time settling in if you want to, it can all be a bit overwhelming at first, but hopefully you’ll find a home here like many of us have.

Fascinating!
I also have an envelope sent to the BBC that was checked for anthrax during the anthrax scare and a postcard from Camp Funston in 1918 which is where it is believed the Spanish influenza pandemic started. Also an Austrian postage stamp from the very beginning of the COVID pandemic printed on 3 ply toilet paper.

I also have an envelope sent to the BBC that was checked for anthrax during the anthrax scare and a postcard from Camp Funston in 1918 which is where it is believed the Spanish influenza pandemic started. Also an Austrian postage stamp from the very beginning of the COVID pandemic printed on 3 ply toilet paper.
Ok it appears I have been vastly misinformed about how interesting stamp collecting is!

My grandma used to collect stamps. She had some from Germany with literally Hitler on them! I used to pick the odd collection up for her from the post office. She liked to collect commemorative ones with the Royal family on them.

I do have the royal mail retro gaming stamp series, but that's more to do with my fondness for old computers than a particular interest in stamps. They are pretty cool though and one features my favourite old school video game character Dizzy! :)

Ok it appears I have been vastly misinformed about how interesting stamp collecting is!

My grandma used to collect stamps. She had some from Germany with literally Hitler on them! I used to pick the odd collection up for her from the post office. She liked to collect commemorative ones with the Royal family on them.

I do have the royal mail retro gaming stamp series, but that's more to do with my fondness for old computers than a particular interest in stamps. They are pretty cool though and one features my favourite old school video game character Dizzy! :)
My grandmother was my original inspiration. She retired from the Post office and I inherited a stamp collection from her.

I had (and still have to a lesser degree) a special interest in virology. I have some stamps with Queen Victoria and some with Hitler as well as some from the Soviet Union as well as old U.S. stamps.

My favorite collection is my disease collection though. I keep it separate from my others. They are also the only ones I purchased myself and only because of their subject matter. I wanted to honor my grandmother with a combination of her passion and mine.

I also have some Autism Awareness stamps from the U.N. that I have framed in my living room.

My name is Zach, I'm 19, and I have high-functioning autism. I live in Illinois. My favorite food.. Well, I can't choose one, but I like Pizza, Taco Bell and anything with sausage in it. Among my favorite movies are the Diary Of A Wimpy Kid films, Hairspray, Lilo & Stitch, and Grease. My favorite type of TV shows are cartoons on Disney and Nickelodeon, both modern and old-school. Among my favorite musical artists are Taylor Swift, Colbie Caillat, Carrie Underwood, Selena Gomez and Jason Mraz. Among my favorite YouTubers are The Ballinger Family, Daily Bumps, and J House Vlogs. I attend vocational classes at my local high school in the interim because there are no job openings in my town at the moment.

G'day my name is Denver and I have been diganosed with High Functioning Austism (ASD/Aspergers).
I live in Australia. I work in IT and I'm an avid high performance PC enthusiast and sim racer.
I'm here because... well my marriage is falling apart due to my ASD'ness and my own bad choices as a husband over the last 20 years. My wife is "self-diagnosed" with Cassandra Syndrome and CPTSD.
I'm here because I need to find a place and group of people who may be able to help with me getting better at managing my ASD'ness. I was diagnosed about 6 months ago and I've made only small improvements. I spent a number of the months seeing a therapist but this did not seem to help as the therapist was focussed on "emotional well-being" rather than helping me to find the tools/skills I needed to manage my ASD'ness... So I stopped going. I'm currently attending a weekly workshop with Mark Hutten for ASD Men which after only 1 session has helped me to understand some things.
Well that's enough rambling from me... no doubt I will be posting some new threads here over the next while.

Hello & welcome.
My wife is "self-diagnosed" with Cassandra Syndrome and CPTSD.
We cannot speak to her conditions. If you go to a couples' counselor, make sure that they are autism-competent or it will go really badly for you. You may want to reach out to Dr. Tony Attwood's organization.

Howdy! Jadzia here! I somehow always knew I was an Aspie before it became official last year. But now, as I also suspected; I have a feelin’ that my aspie-ness is messin’ with the my ability to communicate effectively and bein’ an overall awesome partner in my marriage. I’m havin’ a hard time tryin’a explain to hubby that I just can’t comprehend things the way he thinks I should, (the whole reading between the lines kinda thing - Like I should be able to figure out his needs by osmosis or somethin’) and I’m gettin’ real tired of bein’ told I’m selfish and don’t give a damn when he also states within the same timeframe of any given conversation that I’m also the most caring person he’s ever met… I mean, which is it?! I know marriage ain’t a Hallmark movie, but I’m starting to think divorce might be best because these decades-old communication roadblocks is gettin’ ridiculous… Thanks for hearin’ me out!

New Threads

Top Bottom