• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Don't Be Shy To Introduce Yourself

Hi my name is Carl, I'm 52 years old from Wrexham in North Wales and have Aspergers. I have a 14 year old daughter who is NT, and a 12 year old son who was diagnosed with Autism last year.

IMG_0535.JPG
from Sunderland tyne and Wear also have very high functioning autism, diagnosed two years ago .

Hi!

I'm Johnny (NT)... I have been married to my wife (high functioning ASD) for about 2 years now and I am hoping to learn more about her autism, my role as her partner and how to navigate difficulties in our relationship. Thanks for having me!

I would like to stay nameless, just be "Aspie_With_Attitude" on this one. I am 38 years old, just about to go through therapy. I am from Australia and just there to share to the people with the same condition as I have.

I have Asperger's syndromes and sensory processing disorder.

Hello people,

I am unsure of whether I have ASD or not, but my significant other thinks that I do... My mother also told me that she thought I was autistic when I was young (5 or 6). I know that I have ADD and Narcolepsy Type 1 (recently diagnosed). If I do have ASD, my case would be either high-functioning and/or Aspergers. One reason that I suspect that I could be on the spectrum is that I always feel like I am just acting when around people other than my bf, and I can only maintain that composure for a limited amount of time before cracking (forgetting to smile, second-guessing myself, making things awkward by saying the wrong automated response). My main goal here is to gain more understanding of ASD so that I can decide on whether to see a doctor about it.

Thanks for reading!
vividiris

Hi, i'm from London,UK, probably one of the worst places to live if you're like me. That is having a confirmed ASD diagnosis from a young age probs 6 or 7.

I have a bit of a paranoia about sharing personal info online so i'm only comfortable sharing general location, and the username is just some random thing that popped out my head a few years ago.

Hello, I am 28 years old and I was diagnosed with Asperger's or High Functioning Autism in October 2017. I have been a quiet person all my life to which I thought was just extreme shyness up until recently. I get really nervous about meeting people because I am not good at socializing. I have trouble initiating conversations, my eye contact is poor, I talk in a monotone voice and I always like to be by myself. I hope I can practice having conversations and making friends on this site which can be a first step.

why I'm here and I thought I might as well cut to the chase. I feel a little apprehensive about joining a forum as I feel it could take lots of time to keep up with, and I don't want to be just a 'taker' but also respond to other people's posts

Hey, welcome. You can do what you feel like,no judgement here.

Also a few from n.e. england!!

For me, I've also found confessionals good, welcome

Thanks for the first reply :)
Yes, nice that there are some folks from the UK on here, I thought it might be mainly US-based at first.

IMG_0574.JPG
welcome
Hello, I am 28 years old and I was diagnosed with Asperger's or High Functioning Autism in October 2017. I have been a quiet person all my life to which I thought was just extreme shyness up until recently. I get really nervous about meeting people because I am not good at socializing. I have trouble initiating conversations, my eye contact is poor, I talk in a monotone voice and I always like to be by myself. I hope I can practice having conversations and making friends on this site which can be a first step.

Total Language Social Sensory/motor Circumscribed int.
70.0 3.0 42.0 12.0 13.0

Funny how in the stats even the NTs taking the test score above the threshold in everything? Is that because only ppl with ASD tendencies take an interest in the test?? I didn't like how you had to answer in a very 'black and white' sort of way, as the answer often seemed to be more 'sometimes true'.

New Threads

Top Bottom