• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does the weather affect you?

I don't mind cold weather. I just can't stand humidity! But of course, that's when women take off more of their clothing... :D I have Seasonal Affective Disorder. So while I say I don't mind the cold weather, the darkness f*cks with my head...and Spirit. I tend to get depressed & dislike the darkness.

I have Seasonal Affective Disorder. So while I say I don't mind the cold weather, the darkness f*cks with my head...and Spirit. I tend to get depressed & dislike the darkness.

Sometimes I wonder if that's just another thing on my glitchlist. Last year I finally moved out of an apartment that was so dark all the time I got so I couldn't stand it one more year. Thought I was living in Dracula's Crypt! Live in a much lighter place now with a nice view of the desert.

It's -18C, or about 0F, right now. In other words, it's beautiful.

Summer is awful to me, especially in the years it extends to October or November. Bring me cold.

I envy all you darkness-loving vampire-creatures. But I'm glad some of us at least can find some pleasure in this (northern hemisphere) wintertime gloom. :)

I envy all you darkness-loving vampire-creatures. But I'm glad some of us at least can find some pleasure in this (northern hemisphere) wintertime gloom. :)

I'm with you on this Wyv! When I don't get enough sunlight I get more and more withdrawn. I can't wait for spring, and sunlight, and warmth.

:cold:

Sounds like you made the right choice!

Sometimes I wonder if that's just another thing on my glitchlist. Last year I finally moved out of an apartment that was so dark all the time I got so I couldn't stand it one more year. Thought I was living in Dracula's Crypt! Live in a much lighter place now with a nice view of the desert.

I have often had bad depressions during the summer months, Im not sure why, its just you are expected to be "out and about" enjoying yourself...sigh
I love the Autumn time i can breath better all allergies gone and just feel more alert, don't mind the winter either, it seems to keep everyone indoors more.

Humidity and heat. Cannot tolerate! And I live in Columbia, SC, a veritable heatsink. Thanks to the universe for central air! I run a dehumidifier in addition to that. I swim for exercise and stay in the house otherwise.

I can always tell when the weather is getting ready to change. I don't know if it's because the barometric pressure changes or what, but my neck gets very stiff and I get a headache. I've also noticed that the intensity of the headache varies on the speed on the storm as it approaches and rolls through.

^^ This. I haven't always been as sensitive to weather changes. Just in some of my more recent years as an "adult." For some odd reason around 30, I began developing some extra sensitivities to weather and atmospheric changes. It isn't much fun.

I like cold weather, of course in here it is never as cold as other places, for example, I have never seen snow, but it can get pretty cold and I like it. Hot weather makes me not want to go out never, I really hate it. When it is cloudy I feel like going for a walk.

I like cold weather, of course in here it is never as cold as other places, for example, I have never seen snow, but it can get pretty cold and I like it. Hot weather makes me not want to go out never, I really hate it. When it is cloudy I feel like going for a walk.

The penguin will try to send snow to you :)

This is the best this penguin can do for now

IMG_8899.jpg

I love the change of seasons. Used to live in a place that had only two of them.

But with each change comes a new distribution of pollen...not good for my allergies!

i also love change of seasons, especially leaves changing colors

I'm reviving an old thread here... I actually looked before I started a new one. Whoo Hoo...

I have this thing, (or I think I have this thing) with barometric pressure. I have felt great all day mostly.
We have been having unseasonably cool weather and this past week it went back to blazing hot.
Today it was cool and wet this morning and then got hot as blazes this afternoon.
Now we have nasty thunderstorms building and the pressure just dropped...

Every time it does this my body feels like someone injected acid or sand in my joints.
After this clears off that will go away. Anybody else have to deal with this.
I'm not sure if its ASD or SPD, or just me thinking that and causing the pain in my head???

I'm reviving an old thread here... I actually looked before I started a new one. Whoo Hoo...

I have this thing, (or I think I have this thing) with barometric pressure. I have felt great all day mostly.
We have been having unseasonably cool weather and this past week it went back to blazing hot.
Today it was cool and wet this morning and then got hot as blazes this afternoon.
Now we have nasty thunderstorms building and the pressure just dropped...

Every time it does this my body feels like someone injected acid or sand in my joints.
After this clears off that will go away. Anybody else have to deal with this.
I'm not sure if its ASD or SPD, or just me thinking that and causing the pain in my head???
Rheumatism very common

New Threads

Top Bottom