• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does Having Intelligence Make It Difficult Connecting With People?

My two cents is I do not think they are mutually exclusive - intelligence and social ability. The most successful people I have ever met in my life are both highly intelligent (I'd say 130 IQ is enough as Nobel Prize winners tend to have at least that) and great at working with others.

At where I work, I am above average in IQ but I have a friendship with an older coworker that was one of the top people in the organization at one point. At one point, he was making 900k+ per year in salary and really could have gone further. He gave it up because he had his first kid and pretty much once you reach that level, if you don't go up you go out.

I bring him up because I think IQ wise, we are similar. But man, even though he is not a social butterfly type, he outclasses me in that area. Our life histories are so different - I graduated from one of the lowest ranking PhD programs and he came from literally the top one. I can look back at my life and see what held me back was social skills and not IQ.

New Threads

Top Bottom