• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does Anyone Want To Talk About Star Trek?

Star Trek Next Generation-who is your favorite character/s? I'm asking since a lot of people here like that series.

I'm not sure...maybe Data. I like Worf too. Plus the doctor...oh wait! Yes...I really like the empath...the psychologist lady...Officer.
My son likes the Captain.

Star Trek Next Generation-who is your favorite character/s? I'm asking since a lot of people here like that series.

I'm not sure...maybe Data. I like Worf too. Plus the doctor...oh wait! Yes...I really like the empath...the psychologist lady...Officer.
My son likes the Captain.

I think Data is awesome and Geordi La Forge would probably be my second favorite. Do you like Kirk or Picard better?

A more interesting question is would be... Who do you like better: your favorite character from the original show or your favorite character from Next Generation?

Now, that is an interesting question!! My favorite character from the original series would have to be Dr. McCoy...I just love his scathing Southern wit, especially against Spock, or Data (in Encounter at Farpoint.)

"I don't see no points on your ears, boy, but you sound like a Vulcan!!"

Kirock ah I mean Kirk. ;) I know I'll get some boos here for that... :o_O: I like Geordi-he plays a good part. Which Capt do you like?

I think Data is awesome and Geordi La Forge would probably be my second favorite. Do you like Kirk or Picard better?

I actually like both Kirk and Picard--Picard's 'diplomacy first, military force only if diplomacy fails' approach works well, mostly...and Kirk's 'damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead' approach has its place, too.

Interestingly enough, in The Best of Both Worlds, Part II, Riker has a line that Capt. Kirk could easily have delivered:

Locutus: We will proceed to Earth. And, if you attempt to intervene, we will destroy you.

Capt. William T. Riker: Then take your best shot, Locutus, 'cause we are about to intervene!!

Every time I watch my DVD and hear that line, I always think "Hey! Your name's William T. Riker, not James T. Kirk!!"

Data is my all time favourite character. Even though he is an android, there is side to him that is trying to be human which I can relate to lol

Data is my all time favourite character. Even though he is an android, there is side to him that is trying to be human which I can relate to lol

I always liked Data, too...especially when Diana Muldaur (Dr. Kate Pulaski) tried to replace Beverly Crusher, and then the producers of TNG tried to recreate the McCoy/Spock relationship with Data and Pulaski...the problem was--Data wasn't Spock, and Pulaski wasn't McCoy!! :)

I always liked Data, too...especially when Diana Muldaur (Dr. Kate Pulaski) tried to replace Beverly Crusher, and then the producers of TNG tried to recreate the McCoy/Spock relationship with Data and Pulaski...the problem was--Data wasn't Spock, and Pulaski wasn't McCoy!! :)

Yeah, it'd be impossible to recreate that. I think I like Spock better than Data because he's perfectly fine with not being human while Data wants to fit in. Has anyone here gone to a Star Trek convention? I'd like to know how early in advance I should buy tickets.

Has anyone here gone to a Star Trek convention? I'd like to know how early in advance I should buy tickets.

Our comic con had William Shatner a couple of years ago. Getting into the convention is unlikely to be an issue, but getting into the workshops is another matter. Line up earrrrrrly for those.

Yeah I'll definitely have to do that. Do you know where I could get a 3D chess board for cheaper than $250? I'd also like to ask you guys what you think of the new movies and how well the new actors portray the old characters. I think the increase in Uhura's importance to the crew was great. The way women were most often portrayed in the original series was actually laughable, and the "new" Uhura seems to modernize a female's role aboard the star ship (though I would still not say I find her admirable).

I thought that was a very interesting transcript and I very much agree with her on the fact that Star Trek's focus on morals is more appealing than today's angry, irrational, macho heroes. Yes, Kirk is very stubborn, but he would do anything to protect his crew and The Federation. I think that is much more admirable than some gun-slinging hypocrite who runs around punching people and free-climbing cliffs while he leaves his partners to fend for themselves.

Star Trek as an obsession? Never quite thought of it that way.

More of an old, life-long family friend to me. :wink:

Yeah, it'd be impossible to recreate that. I think I like Spock better than Data because he's perfectly fine with not being human while Data wants to fit in. Has anyone here gone to a Star Trek convention? I'd like to know how early in advance I should buy tickets.

I've been to two: One, I went to with a friend, up in Minnesota. William Shatner was the featured speaker, and brother, was he arrogant! The most recent one I went to was a few years ago here in Des Moines where I live, with George Takei ("Sulu") as the speaker. This one, unlike the one with Shatner, I found out that Takei would sign autographs, so after frantically searching through my house, I finally found something to get autographed: My Star Trek: The Next Generation Tech Manual. So I stand in line, finally get up to the table and hand Takei the thing, he looks at the cover, looks at me, and says, "You do watch...our series, and our movies, right?"

I said something to the effect of, "Yes, I do. This was just the only thing I could find." He signed the book and said, "Oh, I'm just teasing. But I am glad you watch our shows." He was so nice, unlike Shatner. (Arrogant s.o.b. that he is.) :)

Do you like Kirk or Picard better?

Sisko, no question. Kirk has brawn, Picard has brains, Sisko has both. What I love about Sisko is that he'll try diplomacy first and if that fails, he'll try and outwit you and most of the time, he'll succeed, but if that also fails, he'll have no trouble kicking your ass. Awesome.

I wonder what would the show be like if all the characters on Star Trek had autism?

Hmm... Spock very well could be likened to an Aspie, but it would be interesting if the others were given such attributes. I would wonder if there would more peace or if everyone would argue all the time?

New Threads

Top Bottom