• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does anyone like art?

I do like art, and I am really into a certain style, but according to the art community, that style is not worth appreciating as art and shows no talent or finesse at all (or at least, that's how a lot of artists and art teachers think of it). I'm into anime and westernized cartoons, and my drawings are usually of one character, sometimes two or three. I prefer drawing anime to cartoons, but I find cartoons are easier and simpler. I have tried other styles (landscape, portraiture, still life) but I do not excel at these, and I am far more talented with anime. I don't really consider what I draw art because "professional artists" look down on what I do, and other "real" styles of art are difficult for me to draw.

I do like art, and I am really into a certain style, but according to the art community, that style is not worth appreciating as art and shows no talent or finesse at all (or at least, that's how a lot of artists and art teachers think of it). I'm into anime and westernized cartoons, and my drawings are usually of one character, sometimes two or three. I prefer drawing anime to cartoons, but I find cartoons are easier and simpler. I have tried other styles (landscape, portraiture, still life) but I do not excel at these, and I am far more talented with anime. I don't really consider what I draw art because "professional artists" look down on what I do, and other "real" styles of art are difficult for me to draw.

Don't let them tell you what you "should" do... Go find some groups who do appreciate your artwork, online or people in your city who do the same thing... And don't feel bad about following your heart in what you draw...

There is Photoshop express. And you can download the full version of Photoshop on a computer for free, an older version.

New Threads

Top Bottom