• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does anyone like art?

one of my creative-30h-designs for university, for once outside the field of architecture. the task was to develop within 30 hours a sustainable, creative, flexible solution for a cafe/bistro situated on a beach with high and low tides - thus taking into account the problem of water covering the beach half of the day, while being absent the other half of the day. well, most designs are placed on stilts with stairs or ladders for access - that's nothing new, though - an ancient idea. sure, it works, but it is boring and far from perfect. so, I thought why not move the design as the water moves; and from this this mechanical creature was born - its secret reference - if anyone happens to be familiar with it - is a unit from my favorite videogame; starcraft. the unit serving as reference is a protoss reaver.

its name, specially developed for this design, is [latin]
duodecalobatus giganteus / a giant twelvelobster. images I and II depict the machinemal in its natural habitat, the beach, by daylight and at nighttime. images III and IV depict a variant of the design as an expedition vehicle.

// modelled and rendered in blender cycles / finish with photoshop

MaxIschreyt_Tidenhub_Ansicht02.jpg

[II]
MaxIschreyt_Tidenhub_Ansicht01.jpg

[III]

MaxIschreyt_Tidenhub_01.jpg

[IV]
MaxIschreyt_Tidenhub_02.jpg

I love the national gallery in london.. Spent many a happy hour in there., for me art needs to be old.....! If i cant be in the frame with the painting then i dont consider it as art...!

i love art,i love anything visual as my visual perception is extremely distorted and i struggle to see things like other people do,so when i see art that appeals to me,i obsess over it.

i have joined a professional art studio for people with intellectual disability,its not cheap but the sessions are awesome i went to my first one today-ceramics,i made 4 clay tiles and etched/drew very detailed pictures on them,one of them had a cat on, and the other ones had different breeds of fish on-clown loach, weather loach and ghost knife fish,the teacher loved them and wants me to make a whole tropical fish scenery on a giant tile next time in 3d and to paint and glaze my tiles and then cook them.
i will be doing two sessions a week hopefully,they are very booked up so its whether i can get another class or not, next week im trying out their photography class,they work with D-SLRs,ipads and macs.

your best work gets put in national,local and regional galleries all over the country.

i love painting and drawing,my best picture was probably my water colour painting of eddie lee moseley-it is in my art/media gallery sorry i dont know how to show it here,ELM is an american murderer with intellectual disability-yes quite a taboo subject to paint but i felt strongly that he shouldnt be put up for death row because he has quite severe intellectual disability and it had been recognised his entire life,he wasnt one of the usual frauds in prisons who flunk IQ and functioning tests to try and get an easier sentance.

I will indeed. I don't think I've been there, from what I remember... but I did see the degree show at Chelsea School of Art in 2013. It was so amazing!:grin:
Excellent. ....! So much lovely art in there... Ive spent hours in there on my own just staring at those amazing paintings. .........!

I should know that the National Gallery is separate from the Modern Art Gallery. :rolleyes:
I get excited talking about a subject I love. I didn't stop to think before I typed. lol

I should know that the National Gallery is separate from the Modern Art Gallery. :rolleyes:
I get excited talking about a subject I love. I didn't stop to think before I typed. lol
nothing wrong with that,i havent got a clue about either the national gallery or modern art gallery as im a few hundred miles from london.
i dont really have a favourite gallery,ive been to a few and not felt anything about them.
however my favourite artist for many years has been raymond hu,he is an artist with down syndrome and focuses on animals as like many of us he has a deep love of animals,he has an incredible style of art that i just love every time i see it and i recommend you have a look kirsty and others :) Paintings : Raymond Hu

nothing wrong with that,i havent got a clue about either the national gallery or modern art gallery as im a few hundred miles from london.
i dont really have a favourite gallery,ive been to a few and not felt anything about them.
however my favourite artist for many years has been raymond hu,he is an artist with down syndrome and focuses on animals as like many of us he has a deep love of animals,he has an incredible style of art that i just love every time i see it and i recommend you have a look kirsty and others :) Paintings : Raymond Hu
Thanks. I'll have a look at this. Same here as I'm in the south east of Scotland. My favorite is the Modern Art Gallery as exhibitions change more frequently there. There's always the shop and the cafe if the galleries don't appeal to anyone. They have amazing cakes and hot drinks and over-priced food too. It's nice to be treated. A friend of mine works for the galleries and he gets discount and pays for my tea/coffee a lot of the time. :)

Thanks. I'll have a look at this. Same here as I'm in the south east of Scotland. My favorite is the Modern Art Gallery as exhibitions change more frequently there. There's always the shop and the cafe if the galleries don't appeal to anyone. They have amazing cakes and hot drinks and over-priced food too. It's nice to be treated. A friend of mine works for the galleries and he gets discount and pays for my tea/coffee a lot of the time. :)
just a thought....raymonds style of art may not make you feel anything but i just wanted to you to check it out to see what you think,the intellectual disability art studio i use is full of adults with down syndrome and their work is to an awesome professional standard,people with DS can be very creative like autists.

what style does the modern art gallery focus on? what genres of art do you actually like?
i am not a fan of contemperary art like that at the tate gallery in liverpool-you know,half a sheep sawn in half,a bed untidied that kind of thing, i probably look at it with to much logic and rigidity,i just dont understand how one woman gets tons of money for making her bed a mess when loads of us do that every day and get paid naff all.

just a thought....raymonds style of art may not make you feel anything but i just wanted to you to check it out to see what you think,the intellectual disability art studio i use is full of adults with down syndrome and their work is to an awesome professional standard,people with DS can be very creative like autists.

what style does the modern art gallery focus on? what genres of art do you actually like?
i am not a fan of contemperary art like that at the tate gallery in liverpool-you know,half a sheep sawn in half,a bed untidied that kind of thing, i probably look at it with to much logic and rigidity,i just dont understand how one woman gets tons of money for making her bed a mess when loads of us do that every day and get paid naff all.
I really do like his style of work. It's very impressive that he's widely recognizable. I'm a bit jealous of that. lol. I know, contemporary art doesn't interest me either. To me that's not 'art' and agree with what you said about it. Examples of artists I like is Käthe Kollwitz's drawings and Andy Warhol's paintings. The modern art gallery also show sculptures as well as fine art and the story behind the artists on video usually played in a dark room. Louise Bourgeois is another exhibition I had seen there, but she died many years ago. Ron Mueck is a living artist who creates realistic human figures. His work is amazing.

I enjoy appreciate all artwork, I don't understand all artwork, especially abstract or art installations... And ultimately all art is subjective anyway...

As I've said in other posts, I myself do photography, I don't consider my photography to be "creative" but more in the genre of photo documentary...

My favorite artist is Salvador Dali. I used to paint a lot but fell out of it in a depressive state. Trying to reinspire myself. I would love to see others art work. This is a piece I call Hollow Woman.
Love art done quite a number of paintings both on canvas and card paper

20170415_121216569_iOS.jpg

Here is one of mine

try
try Australia house or Canada house different countries support exhibitions they are based around trafalgar square i saw one in the 80s of holograms they were the big thing then
love museums our council has ruined that now

One recent photo, from a chat with a friend, most of my photos tend to be urban and people oriented, I know not as peaceful as landscape, but it's what I do...

36017853285_25f4fee7bd.jpg

PART 1

> Part of my Master Thesis // M.Sc.Architecture, TUD

> Location: Strassbourg.France // Task: Natural History Musuem, University of Strassbourg //
> To include: university extension / planetarium + lecture / public spaces / storage / facilities //

> prefabricated concrete
(< visible) modules // prior design aim: industrial/mechanic - metaphor of machine age

open display of material, modular character > visible seams // visible blue module connectors)
open display of mechanical/technical facilities > visual design aim // simplifies construction + maintenance

functional and simple // few modules - many solutions // simple to fabricate/simple to connect
cost effiecient // great variability of visual design within module system // ecological/energy-efficient

Bild_01A.jpg
visualization / museum floor, prior to installation of exhibition /

Bild_02A.jpg

visualization / museum floor, installation of exhibtion /

FB-07_Ansicht_Front.jpg

front view / main entrance /

FB-00_UG.jpg

floor plan / basement /

FB-01_EG.jpg

floor plan / ground floor /

FB-02_1OG.jpg

floor plan / 1st floor /

FB-03_2OG.jpg

floor plan / 2nd floor /

Last edited:
PART 2

FB-11_Schnitt_BB.jpg

section /
B-B /

FB-05_Schnitt_Luft.jpg

section / vents+energy /

FB-08_Ansicht_Strasse.jpg

side view / street view /

FB-12_Ansicht_Extra_01.jpg

front view / alternative design /

FB-13_Ansicht_Extra_02.jpg
side view / alternative design /

FB-14_Ansicht_Extra_03.jpg

front view / alternative design /

I love art, particularly photography, fashion, and interior design.
I actually helped my parents with the interior design of our house. I am good at makeup, nails, and hair, and putting together outfits for people.
I also draw, paint, and take pictures.

New Threads

Top Bottom