• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does anyone here have mirror-touch synesthesia?

I think I probably do. Just wandering if I am the only one or if others can relate. It would be nice to hear someone else's experience. What I experience might sound fun but it is actually overstimulating, exhausting and limits me. It is a sensory issue for me.

Thanks. Yeah - I had posted the other one but felt that I made too much of it. Thought maybe it would be clearer with this post that I was looking for someone who could relate. But it seems like I might not find that. I hate being unusual.

I never knew that was a thing until now but yeah, I guess I do a little bit? I have a lot of sensory reactions to visuals and audio (including having a visual reaction to audio, does anyone else have this?) but never thought of it as synesthesia. I guess it probably is. I always thought I just had an overactive and wild imagination but I guess it could be explained by that too. I’m also an artist and a musician and highly involved in creative arts so maybe that’s a helpful thing in that case. I see everything in pictures, but not just pictures, also appears in my brain like video. I asked my psychiatrist if it sounded like schizophrenia because I was concerned about it, but he told me it’s relatively common for people on the spectrum. Does anyone else on here experience those symptoms too??

I think I probably do. Just wandering if I am the only one or if others can relate. It would be nice to hear someone else's experience. What I experience might sound fun but it is actually overstimulating, exhausting and limits me. It is a sensory issue for me.
OK quick question....at the end of count of montecristo, the count turns and affectionately grabs his sons neck and ear. In the theater, I felt that...but not physically. And I'll add that's something I've always wanted from my father. I have experienced it in other scenarios wanted and unwanted. Sometimes rewinding and repeating the experience. Is that something else? Great post!

New Threads

Top Bottom