• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does anyone have an obsession with making playlists?

kazmen17

I make a lot of playlists, sometimes oddly specific, based on things like super-specific moods, holidays, or even characters. Does anyone else do this? Or like back in the day did you make mixtapes and CDs, or what have you? Music seems to be very soothing to me, and I listen to it fairly often so I make a lot of playlists.

I make a lot of playlists, sometimes oddly specific, based on things like super-specific moods, holidays, or even characters. Does anyone else do this? Or like back in the day did you make mixtapes and CDs, or what have you? Music seems to be very soothing to me, and I listen to it fairly often so I make a lot of playlists.

I make playlists at times but have gotten demotivated because I put a lot of the same songs on them
When I was younger I made mixtapes and loved that, I taped songs off the radio
If I could get a cassette I would definitely make a mix tape for a boyfriend or something or songs I thought he would like.
Maybe some songs I would like as well so he thought of me even one or 2 he hated but I loved just to annoy
You can make mixtapes for anyone who loves music so fun to personalise one for someone.

I make a playlist every morning of the music/albums I plan to listen to that day. Before the internet, I used to make up cassettes and the CDs with various tracks I liked.

Music can be very mood changing to me, when I need a lift, I have an upbeat anime playlist. When I want romantic vibes, I have that in a playlist. And a lot more. I take my music outside with me as well on my phone.

It's the only effective treatment for my anxiety I have tried and the only side-effect is that if I put it loud then I have less of a hearing temporarily. (Specifying that I did not take prescribed medicine, but supplements that show improvement in brain function.)

I used to have quite a few playlists, I've got a pretty big library on harddrive. I had different playlists for different moods. I've been meaning to do it again but never get around to it.

I have about twenty playlists but I wouldn't call it an obsession, even though music itself is a bit of obsession.

I listen to podcasts just as much.

Yes! Sometimes I even like to categorize things into groups other people probably wouldn't understand, like 'ethereal', 'alt prog', 'nerd metal', etc. I'm kind of surprised I haven't created a top 50 best-produced yet, but I really want to.

Yes! Sometimes I even like to categorize things into groups other people probably wouldn't understand, like 'ethereal', 'alt prog', 'nerd metal', etc. I'm kind of surprised I haven't created a top 50 best-produced yet, but I really want to.
Lol, I'm glad I'm not the only one who does this! People are always so confused by the genres I have things categorized under, especially different types of EDM.

To add to that, yes, I fully realize that my profile picture absolutely does not make me look like the kind of person who listens to grimy EDM, dubstep, and metal. People are really shocked by this irl too.
This meme kind of sums it up lol

EOBNky9XUAE7LLP.jpg

When is this going to come back, BTW? It's so rare for people to admit that they like the genre (kind of like how nu-metal went through that huge phase where everyone just made fun of it) but I seriously can't wait for its return whenever it does happen!

I'm one of the few millennials who really likes zoomer grunge and hardcore, so I think they might be able to create a great new wave of dubstep. Fingers crossed!

Oh m good lord yes. In college all I'd do is make playlist after playlist of Bach's music; copying out titles in specific in my journals, making iTunes playlists of music I'd written about (as a mental soundtrack) every fifty pages...hindsight is definitely 2023.

Not really an obsession, but I do like to make playlists. One playlist I have is what I call a timeline, where I put songs in order of which time in my life it reminds me of. For example, songs that remind me of my very early years are first on the playlist, right up to whichever songs remind me of the most recent times, which are last on the playlist.
You need a good autobiographical memory to be able to produce a playlist like this, but I have got an autobiographical memory.

When is this going to come back, BTW? It's so rare for people to admit that they like the genre (kind of like how nu-metal went through that huge phase where everyone just made fun of it) but I seriously can't wait for its return whenever it does happen!

I'm one of the few millennials who really likes zoomer grunge and hardcore, so I think they might be able to create a great new wave of dubstep. Fingers crossed!
I used to be so embarrassed about listening to dubstep tbh, especially about a decade ago when I was really frequenting the rave scene, and people were all about loving progressive house and hating dubstep. I was actually never that much into progressive house and always favored the grimier stuff, like electro house, dirty Dutch house, jungle terror, trap, fidget house, and riddim.

I really hope it comes back someday too, and it annoys me how much people still love to crap on it. Especially the younger crowd who didn't even grow up with it.

I don't have a dubstep playlist and now realize that this is a failure on my part. Of course, I mostly listened to Skrillex's bangarang and remixes of songs I recognized like the Imperial March or the Dragon Ball Theme song.

I don't have a dubstep playlist and now realize that this is a failure on my part. Of course, I mostly listened to Skrillex's bangarang and remixes of songs I recognized like the Imperial March or the Dragon Ball Theme song.

There's an EDM thread around these parts if you need some inspiration :D. it's in the music section

I used to like making playlists, but my work was trashed too often by software changes, so I just gave up, even though they have settled down. I'd like to find a program that makes it easy to make and combine lists, and lets me define the genres, but as far as I can tell, everything is written as a way for companies to get into my life.

New Threads

Top Bottom