• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does anyone feel bad when no one calls/texts you to start a conversation?

Even with my social problems, my wife and our best friend admit that my friends treat me like crap and have never contacted me or try to organise meeting up with me.

This is thread is my life. I just wish I knew what I was doing wrong

Even with my social problems, my wife and our best friend admit that my friends treat me like crap and have never contacted me or try to organise meeting up with me.

This is thread is my life. I just wish I knew what I was doing wrong

You have a wife and a best friend. From my perspective, clearly you've done something right- and in a big way. ;)

You have a wife and a best friend. From my perspective, clearly you've done something right- and in a big way. ;)

Well, as much as a best friend can be when your are told that he will always be Charlotte's friend first and not mine :-( But still, I could have no one. Still feels like I am "Alone in a crowded room" sometimes.

Still feels like I am "Alone in a crowded room" sometimes.

That's a feeling I have as well. I've improved over the years outwardly somewhat, but that's still how I feel inside. Nice to be around people who understand it. It's not anything I've ever shared with anyone in my life up to now. Mostly because I couldn't really understand it myself.

This is a perfect thread for me.

I am in a fraternity. I was a music major in college (you make a lot of friends that way because you work so closely together!).

I'm still way too weird for people. At least my fiance and I have started a movie night with our close friends. I just don't feel they are close enough, and the only people that want to hang out with me (when I ask on Facebook) have some personal issues that affect their personality in a bad way.

Plus I graduated. I don't know how to make friends without spending money or finding a job. I don't have money or a job now, so I'm up s*** creek.

To be honest, I get annoyed when people do message me. Although, I should clarify what I mean by this. I usually take some amount of effort to compose my own comments on facebook statuses that I enjoy. Usually, the result is the bare minimum token effort on the part of the other person. It can be annoying when you spend about a minute and a half to actually discuss something or reply to a facebook status update, and they respond with a quick "ok," or "ty". Sometimes they do not even respond, opting instead to just click the "like" button.

It seems to me like people are stretching themselves too thin on social networking sites. There's too many people, and not enough time to get to know any of them with real depth. The format of the "status feed" encourages simply scrolling down and clicking like buttons. There's an infinite amount of content online. Far more than any one person could consume. Unfortunately, some people still try.

Maybe I'm slightly more pessimistic about it all, but in general I don't expect people to like me, that way I don't have to expect anyone to contact me. I've found it to be a waste of time to "wait" for people to contact me. I rather move on with my life and not be dragged down.

It doesn't mean I dislike it when people text/call me to talk or hang out. I'm just not waiting on it.

I also don't expect others to contact me. And it really doesn't bother me much. It gives me some feelings of independence, power. If I want someone to hang out, I take some courage and I'll call them. I have some 3 real good friends. They usually say yes.

I can't control others. I can't control if they reject me, accept me, if they think of me, whatever. I can control only me. So is up to me to make the move, I guess.

There was a time I called them a lot, like everyday, then I realised I wouldn't wnt somebody calling me everyday, I need my space, so as other people.

Also I enjoy solitude and not having people me calling me when I don't want it.

I'll give you some lame analogy: It's like pizza. I'm not always in the mood for pizza, but when I want it, I just need call for it.

That's my 2 cents.:smug:

See ya

New Threads

Top Bottom