• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does anyone else get this feeling?

BrokenBoy

戯言使い(Nonsense User)
There's a lot of things and people that I hate, so sometimes when I'm in a crappy mood because of these things it often feels like these things are "ganging up" on me and making me feel awful. It sometimes feels like they are in cahoots with each other and are like in some supervillain organization like in some cartoon or whatever and are teaming up with each other with the goal of antagonizing me and getting a rise off of my suffering even though there is no inherent connection to any of these people or things.

There's a lot of things and people that I hate, so sometimes when I'm in a crappy mood because of these things it often feels like these things are "ganging up" on me and making me feel awful. It sometimes feels like they are in cahoots with each other and are like in some supervillain organization like in some cartoon or whatever and are teaming up with each other with the goal of antagonizing me and getting a rise off of my suffering even though there is no inherent connection to any of these people or things.

I may get that feeling (my memory sucks so I wouldn't know) but I know my friend does.

I have. I'll know it's not the case, just feels like everyone is ganging up on me at the same time - so there ARE some common factors which links them all together in my mind, which leads me to feel like they're conspiring together. I remember once having to convince myself that was not the case, especially since each person involved did not know any of the others and each lived in a different state from the others. :)

But when it takes place in a single setting, and all family members or friends in one place and they are all seemingly ganging up on me it's hard not to feel that they're all in cahoots together. I'll know it's not pre-planned, but it'll be situations that I get out as quick as possible. Actually, if just one person starts drilling me and making me feel awful I'll find a quick escape. I've been known to just abruptly pack up and leave a situation, never to return again.

The feeling that's sort of like "me vs the world"? Yes, I get that a lot. It's not healthy to be so hateful and angry about things but I have a hard time containing it all, especially in this modern day. In this modern day where I can't seem to find any escape to the problems of the world, they constantly get shoved in my face all over the internet and people talk about them in real life. It's exhausting. I just want peace, I want quiet, I want to feel like I can breathe. I rarely get that, it feels like.

I used to think often that the world/God was trying to kill me or torment until I kill myself, but I never experienced exactly what you describe. One of the big things that helped was, with the help of CBT and DBT, I changed the language I use, out-loud and in my head. "Hate" is a good example of a word I would catch myself and not use. "Hate" is what motivates someone to murder someone because of their race. It's too strong to describe our feelings for muffins. :)

Life is too short to waste it on hate. Love what you can love, ignore that which you don't and try to change what you would otherwise waste your hatred on.

I don't get that feeling.
However, sometimes I feel out of step with the world, where nothing I do is right. Out of synch.
I've learned to just wait it out because trying to "fix" things will make it worse during those times.

Think mob think process can really happen. Was at the biggest shopping mall in mid-west. A group of people came in and decided to flash mob the place, and we were just randomly there, of course we got out quick. It was on the news, l think chairs were thrown by the Magic Crepe Pan, but luckily no injuries. It felt electric, the energy of these people. I live life one day at a time, and find my freedom from inside of me everyday.

Sometimes, yes. It's an odd, uncomfortable feeling. I try to 'rationalise' my way out of it.

I don't get the feeling the world or events are ganging up on me. Although I used the words
You and Me against the world, sometimes it felt like you and me against the world,( from the song),
in my Mom's eulogy.
For me it meant I felt we were alone in a world that didn't care about us.

Now the person I live with looks for ways to make me feel bad though.
He enjoys annoying everyone.
So I have a one person show that trys to upset me everyday.

Honestly, I think everyone gets that feeling sometimes. "It never rains but it pours," and all that. I think it's really caused by the fact that when you're dealing with one problem, that makes you that much less able to deal with other problems, or to keep up the sort of maintenance work that prevents problems from forming in the first place. So it feels like everything has just randomly decided to mess with you all at once.

I get that feeling. Once one thing has triggered a negative emotion in my (anger, stress, frustration, etc.), then any other situation that isn't perfect can make that emotion stronger.

To "defuse" it, I have to think about the original situation and resolve it. If it's anger, I have to figure out how to let go. If it's stress, I have to write down a plan for how to deal with the thing that's causing me stress.

Once I have dealt with the original situation that caused the original emotion, then I can deal with other situations without getting overwhelmed or without compounding emotions.

New Threads

Top Bottom