• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

does age matter?

to answer the question generically, no, I don't think age matters. Except when it affects family planning or is illegal.

One thing I would have to think about would be sexual compatability. Not necessarily an age thing but age could come into the equasion. Men are usually their most sexual when they are younger and vise versa for women (this is different for everyone but I am speaking in general overall terms). So if I am a 44 year old femalle and at my peak suxually and thinking about seeing a say 49 year old man. that would be considered my 'normal' age range to date, who may be at his lowest point of his life so far sexually I could see that makeing a differeance.

Last edited:
One thing I would have to think about would be sexual compatability. Not necessarily an age thing but age could come into the equasion. Men are usually their most sexual when they are younger and vise versa for women (this is different for everyone but I am speaking in general overall terms). So if I am a 44 year old femalle and at my peak suxually and thinking about seeing a say 49 year old man. that would be considered my 'normal' age range to date, who may be at his lowest point of his life so far sexually I could see that makeing a differeance.

Yeah and unfortunately women are at their most attractive to all ages of men when they are in their 20's. Quite a joke nature played on us, huh?

Yeah and unfortunately women are at their most attractive to all ages of men when they are in their 20's. Quite a joke nature played on us, huh?

well I never thought of it that way, but yea I guess that's true. Hmmm whats God's thinking behind that??

My GF (I reckon it's safe to refer to her as such) is 23 and I will be 41 in late March and she is on a career track that it took me until my mid-30s to come into. I count it as that since she was DXed earlier in life and with a fuller understanding of ASDs that she had enough support and was able to harness one of her special interests to get into a more rewarding field. For myself life has been all-around "30 is the aspie 18" in terms of life experiences. I'd say we're more-or-less on equal footing, I choose to focus on our commonalities rather than things like our ages and our different spiritual beliefs. As far as sexual compatability, we've yet to cross that bridge at the moment (different continents after all) but with phases of acquiring interests in that regard I can't foresee anything going stale, I don't care about frequency as long as "it" is recognized as an element of being a couple, not the only element (for the benefit of a PP, I'm a Demi so attraction is increased by intimate contact) . At this point I'm just wowed that it's been beyond 3 months and I haven't burned her out or scared her off. I think the fact that we both identify has a lot to do with this newfound longevity

New Threads

Top Bottom