• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you walk fast?

I often, unknowingly, leave my wife behind while walking. She gets upset and thinks I'm trying to get away from her.

I walk faster than everyone I know. I want to get everywhere as fast as possible and quite enjoy "overtaking" people. It does my head in to go at their pace and I find walking down a busy street so frustrating, getting stuck behind slow people who don't have the common sense to at least keep to one side.

Yes... apparently... even thought I've never thought about it that way. A friend told me that before she knew me I seemed to her a kind of person that is always in a hurry, that I always have a mission of some sort :) my husband keeps asking me why am I always running? I don't really notice that I walk fast, that's normal speed :)

Yes. It feels normal for me, but when I'm with other people, I find myself far out in front of them, and having to stop just so they can catch up with me. Either that or they'll ask me to walk slower, and I'll try, but then I find myself returning to my usual pace. I don't know why.

Same here. At university we have 10 minutes to get between buildings, and I'm almost always there well in time while my classmates are generally late. They travel in a group and chat the whole time. I don't get why they aren't in more of a hurry.

Last edited:
in the army i was taught to do everything fast- eat, eliminate, walk. took me years afterwards to break myself of that.

Yup!...Always been like that. And that used to drive everyone bananas (me included!:sweatsmile:) Can't wait to tell my wife and kids about this discussion..:tearsofjoy:. I feel like if I have to go it becomes a mission to me. like it always has to do with something about saving human kind from extinction or something..I really have to go and asap. Just don´t ask me why..And to make things worse some of the times I am going to the wrong place...All it takes is someone saying "let´s go" and I'd take off running...

i never realy thought about walking fast maby i walk fast when i drink a big starbuck ice coffee with milk and sugar in it

This literally came up earlier tonight when I was hanging out with my friend, because we took my dogs for a walk and she was always about 10 feet behind me. I either walk really fast, or she is really slow. Lol

New Threads

Top Bottom