• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you know any famous people who had or have autism?

oskarandri

Post a photo and name of a famous person who had or has asperger's syndrome, It can be a person who is dead or alive! :)

I don't know of very many famous people who have officially-diagnosed AS, but I know that musician Gary Numan does:

French composer Erik Satie (1866-1925) is commonly believed to have had AS.

Erik_Satie_-_BNF1-cropped.jpeg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erik_Satie

He channeled his medieval interests into a peculiar secret hobby: In a filing cabinet he maintained a collection of imaginary buildings, most of them described as being made out of some kind of metal, which he drew on little cards. Occasionally, extending the game, he would publish anonymous small announcements in local journals, offering some of these buildings, e.g. a "castle in lead", for sale or rent.

Several other famous composers show up on lists of famous people believed to have had AS, but I tend to take those lists with a pretty big grain of salt.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've often heard that Albert Einstein was speculated as having a mild form of autism.

There's David Byrne, who says he had a mild form of autism, but grew out of it.

And Craig Nicholls, singer for The Vines, was officially diagnosed with Aspergers.

There's also Clay Marzo, a young talented surfer.

I don't surf, but my young brother (who's NT and good at almost every sport, unlike myself) does, and we watch dvd's of surfing sessions such as MCD's. We both enjoy Clay's fluid style. Funnily, it was my brother who found out this video that shows that Marzo has Asperger's.

Not everyone with autism lack motor skills, hence the reason it never made it into the official criteria. I doubt he's overcoming some huge motor skill adversity to do what he does.

No one's said the "Wild and Crazy" Dan Akroyd yet?
lol, classic!!!

Thomas Jefferson is believed to have been autistic. If you learn about him as a person, beyond the whole "Founding Father" stuff, everything about him screams autistic. He was quite eccentric. I feel a special bond with hom because of his obsession of writing every single thing down. I do this too. I have stacks of journals and notebooks full of what most people would consider useless junk.

showing that autistic people can become billionaires.
I've heard he's quite the a**hole too though. I get difficult to work with and all that, but sometimes autistic people are a**holes too and it has nothing to do with how they are perceived or being autistic lol. Did you see why he's not running Microsoft anymore? It's because he's no longer innovative and he's stuck in the past and won't change and keep up with the times and competitition with how the company is run and what kinds of products should go into R&D and be developed. Now THAT seems like an autistic/aspie trait, having a routine or ritual or whatnot and refusing to change or move on.

New Threads

Top Bottom