• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you have/suspect you have alexithymia?

Do you have/suspect you have alexithymia?

• Yes (I have an ASD)

Votes: 26 41.9%
  • No (I have an ASD)

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Unsure/Maybe (I have an ASD)

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Yes (I do not have an ASD)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No (I do not have an ASD)

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Unsure/Maybe (I do not have an ASD)

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Yes (Unsure if I have an ASD)

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • No (Unsure if I have an ASD)

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Unsure/Maybe (Unsure if I have an ASD)

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Other (please explain if you can and are comfortable doing so)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

High Alexithymia Traits:You show high alexithymic traits.

So I've got that going for me, which is nice.

My husband says I'm not cold, but he says I do have problems telling how I feel. And yeah, I just got how it sounds that I had to ask him.

Also, I'm feeling awkward that my score seems higher than everyone else's. (See, I can talk feelings.) It feels weird. I'm pretty damned emotional at times.

Also, I'm feeling awkward that my score seems higher than everyone else's.

Hopefully your awkwardness will ease a little as my score isn't too far away from yours.

High Alexithymia Traits: You show high alexithymic traits.

Huh.... I'm a (still undiagnosed) probably Aspie and I'm a very clear No. I often lack an emotional response to events, but then I actively disassociate myself from the outside world. When I do feel things I feel them extremely strongly and it's not very pleasant.

I do. My therapist tells me i am confusing her and she doesn't always understand when i am expressing my emotions that i say something and immediately say something different... Well maybe because i am having trouble explaining thagt aargh

I think I might have this

Over the years it in very hard for me to identify my feelings and thoughts. And translate them into words or into ink .

It’s even hard to write this statement my emotions feel that like a blob . A big mess of mashed up feelings unable to be expressed .

Yes and today at church, I could hear the "colors" and "tastes" of the music from the pipe organ. Whatever that is called.

That one is synesthesia. It sounds fun. :) I'd rather have it. (I don't, though, so no offense intended if it's awful.)

I browsed the forum on the alexithymia site, and some of them were talking as if they actually don't have emotions and are unable to love. That is not me.

However, my great-uncle died recently. I was fond of him growing up, but when my mother told me that he'd died, I didn't feel anything at all right then. About 4 hours later, I found myself crying about it.

OTOH, when my brother died, the grief was overwhelming and immediate, and 8 years later, I still feel like my soul is screaming. I cry over sad parts in books and movies way more now than I did before he died because now I know how it feels.

This is one of the odd things that I'm discovering. I have felt, at various times in the past, that I was not as emotionally affected as those around me, but I didn't really think much about it. I'm feeling vaguely defective again. :p

New Threads

Top Bottom