• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you ever feel like this?

Daydreamer

Scatterbrained Creative
I seem to have three main states that I can experience when I wake up, and how I wake up tends to determine how the rest of the day will progress.

There's what I like to refer to as average mode. I'm fairly rested but still a little drowsy, I may fade in and out of being awake, somewhat aware of my surroundings. While I'm a bit reluctant to get out of bed in this mood, I usually do so without too much trouble. This is what I typically experience. Usually this is a good predictor that I will have an average level of productivity with some procrastination.

On bad days, I wake up wanting two more hours of sleep even though I've slept for eight hours already. With little motivation to get up.

However, I mainly want to talk about the third mode. Sometimes I wake up and almost feel like an entirely different person. The world just seems clearer somehow. Sharper.

My progress on completing work can be rather sporadic. For example, I was stuck on an essay for a while and kept on dragging it out. I was progressing but rather slowly. Then one day I woke up and it just clicked. It wasn't out of stress, I still had a significant amount of time to finish the essay. Yet I knew from the moment I woke up that day it was going to be different. Sure enough I managed to do more work in that one day than I had in three weeks. It was just inexplicably easy all of a sudden. Made me wonder why I was having such a problem with it in the first place.

The vast majority of the time it feels as though I'm carrying a sort of wet mental blanket that I'm unaware of for the most part until I have days where I wake up in the third mode. I think it's brain fog. A part of me wonders if it could be to do with my sinuses. I often feel as though I'm running at sixty or seventy percent and a little dazed out. Then I'll occasionally have days where I seem to be running at a hundred percent and I'll gain a level of focus that I didn't fully realise I lacked until I have it. The experience makes me feel as though I've temporarily become someone different, it's really bizarre.

I am often at a low level of energy and go through my days somewhat in a daze. Yet when I have days in that third mode I suddenly feel energised and focused. Almost as though I have a brand new perspective on life. I wish those days would happen more often.

Yes, I have 3 stages or mentalities upon waking up and they are very similar to what you described, however as I get older I don't have that urge to stay in bed anymore. Also, when I wake up on days with the third kind of stage you described, I often think "why can't I feel like this every day?" Days like that are becoming increasingly more rare as I age. I used to have one or two a week when I was younger, where it felt like nothing could go wrong and I didn't have a care in the world.

How frequent are those days and are there ever multiple in a row? It vaguely reminds me of Bipolar.

I often wake feeling "hungover' when no alcohol has been consumed the previous day..... bad head, sence of dread and achy, low levels of anxiousness and anxiety, days i've scheduled/ time-tabled my day have a degree of success and if i have work first thing ( i'm more liking to stay out and about and feel more productive.

I seem to have three main states that I can experience when I wake up, and how I wake up tends to determine how the rest of the day will progress.

There's what I like to refer to as average mode. I'm fairly rested but still a little drowsy, I may fade in and out of being awake, somewhat aware of my surroundings. While I'm a bit reluctant to get out of bed in this mood, I usually do so without too much trouble. This is what I typically experience. Usually this is a good predictor that I will have an average level of productivity with some procrastination.

On bad days, I wake up wanting two more hours of sleep even though I've slept for eight hours already. With little motivation to get up.

However, I mainly want to talk about the third mode. Sometimes I wake up and almost feel like an entirely different person. The world just seems clearer somehow. Sharper.

My progress on completing work can be rather sporadic. For example, I was stuck on an essay for a while and kept on dragging it out. I was progressing but rather slowly. Then one day I woke up and it just clicked. It wasn't out of stress, I still had a significant amount of time to finish the essay. Yet I knew from the moment I woke up that day it was going to be different. Sure enough I managed to do more work in that one day than I had in three weeks. It was just inexplicably easy all of a sudden. Made me wonder why I was having such a problem with it in the first place.

The vast majority of the time it feels as though I'm carrying a sort of wet mental blanket that I'm unaware of for the most part until I have days where I wake up in the third mode. I think it's brain fog. A part of me wonders if it could be to do with my sinuses. I often feel as though I'm running at sixty or seventy percent and a little dazed out. Then I'll occasionally have days where I seem to be running at a hundred percent and I'll gain a level of focus that I didn't fully realise I lacked until I have it. The experience makes me feel as though I've temporarily become someone different, it's really bizarre.

I am often at a low level of energy and go through my days somewhat in a daze. Yet when I have days in that third mode I suddenly feel energised and focused. Almost as though I have a brand new perspective on life. I wish those days would happen more often.

Bad weather seems to sap my energy a lot. I feel it in the morning on those days when it's grey and raining outside. Also when days are short and nights are long. And some study claims the weather doesn't influnce your mood. Have they never heard about serotonin and the sun? Or about the winter blues? I tend to be very lazy in winter.

It's either being very sleepy in the morning, functioning somewhat automatically or, if well rested, being very motivated.

How frequent are those days and are there ever multiple in a row? It vaguely reminds me of Bipolar.

The longest consecutive streak I've experienced was three days long. However, most of the time it only lasts a day. In terms of frequency, I'd say a few times a month or a couple of times every other month since it can vary.

New Threads

Top Bottom