• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you ever feel angry towards people or remain neutral at all times?

ab_dc23

No matter how poorly someone has treated me, I can never seem to hate them. No vindictive feelings, no hostility, no bad blood. I just find it impossible of a task to loathe someone. Sure, I get upset, but eventually, I forget all about it in a couple of minutes. I just can not hate people. Are you the same way? Have you ever seethed with anger about someone and never talk to them again? Or do you still treat them the same, regardless of what they've done to you?

No matter how poorly someone has treated me, I can never seem to hate them. No vindictive feelings, no hostility, no bad blood. I just find it impossible of a task to loathe someone. Sure, I get upset, but eventually, I forget all about it in a couple of minutes. I just can not hate people. Are you the same way? Have you ever seethed with anger about someone and never talk to them again? Or do you still treat them the same, regardless of what they've done to you?

Good for you! Hate is a terrible thing to feel. I am the same way. If I get upset, it does not last long. I can honestly say that I do not hate anyone. I have been this way all of my life and in recent years, I figured that it was just part of my Aspie ways.

I am the opposite... If i feel someone has done something bad to me or acts indifferent towards me i feel this energy (probably not even there) and i hold a grudge... I wish i didn't. It usually goes away, but if i see the person again it reactivates those feelings.

I can experience frustration when spending time in the company of some people (real time situations)
What appears obvious or logical to me isn't necessarily correct or percieved in the same way by another.
I'm not angered, just frustrated by this.

I don't always recognise if someone is deliberately vindictive or spiteful towards me, in that respect their actions don't cause a reaction from me.

The only time I was arrested and spent time in a police cell was as a result of putting someone on the ground in order to prevent further injury to myself.
My perception of the situation was that her hysteria caused her to lash out (I still have a scar where she assaulted me) I put her on the deck and restrained her til she calmed down....(which actually made her worse)

When I did let her up she called the police who arrived to arrest me. After spending time in a cell I wasn't charged with anything.
I didn't feel anger, in that moment I felt fear.
I didn't remain 'neutral' I reacted out of fear.

Hate is a very strong word and I wouldn't say that there was anyone that I hate, but there are people who I feel uncomfortable around and avoid.

I don't hate people so much as the things they do.

I don't hate anyone, but I do have severe dislike for some people, with time it usually fades. Rather than hating people, I tend to avoid them. There are a few people I should maybe hate, but can't bring myself to do it.

Oh wow, how I envy you lol because I am the complete opposite.

I am afraid I hate way too easy, because you see, I cannot cope with hearing the person's voice or anything about them and when I was a child, I would say: I wish they would die and leave me alone. Which is translated as: I wish to never see them again; they make me feel uncomfortable.

For me, the hate I feel is one that means I never want to see or hear of them again; does not mean I want to kill them, because I could never take another's life.

But it is hate and not dislike I feel.

I am capable of anger, bitterness, resentment, hostility, holding a grudge, disliking, loathing, and despising.

However, I am not vindictive and I do not think I have ever actually hated anyone..... even if I despise/loathe a person, I do not wish them harm, I would feel for them if they were hurting/struggling, I can't forget that they are a person with feelings and a perspective and probably good things about them, and I would feel bad if I hurt their feelings.

I don't believe in vengeance but I absolutely will hold a grudge. Is that so bad? One thing I've learned is don't go back to toxic situations. It's naive to wishfully hope people will change and I've seen a lot of people get hurt doing so.

I hate the UK government for the fact I can't get a job due to discrimination, and the Tories hate the disabled anyway.

New Threads

Top Bottom