• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you enojoy any type of sport?

I played soccer and was put in as goalie all the time since I would trip over my own feet trying to go after the ball. It also gave me space away from everyone so I didn't get crowded. I got into bowling after a surgery when I was young that didn't allow me to play in just about anything. I've been bowling in a league since then and I know the people I bowl with, they all know to give me my space and to skip the formalities of the high fives and whatnot.

I cannot throw, hit, or catch a ball, no matter how hard I try. Apparently I just don't having the wiring for it in my head. This has many social downsides.

I do biking, swimming, and strength training tho.

I love association football (AKA soccer). Daily, for around an hour, I watch YouTube highlights and compilations for international matches, matches between European clubs, and the NWSL (National Women's Soccer League).

Sometimes, I'll play football, too: usually on my front lawn and occasionally on an empty football field.

Not a fan of sports,was more into drawing or reading comics or books but I like to go for long walks to clear my head.

Walking, and when I was in high school I enjoyed badminton. The PE teacher was very surprised that I was actually pretty good at badminton, as I hated PE and I'm really short :p
HATED IT! Especially football & swimming. The other boys used to give me regular punches but it didn't change my mind. As for swimming "i dont like getting wet"

My mom used to force me to take swimming lessons and horseback riding lessons if that counts. I HATED both of them. My mom would only let me do activities if they were said to be for special needs kids. The swimming lessons were supposedly specifically designed with autistic children in mind. I had no interest in learning to swim. My horseback riding instructor was a total ***** who was a school phycologist who thought she knew everything there was to know about autism (and obviously didn't) and also ran a summer camp for physically disabled kids (it was so poorly managed I wouldn't even allow an NT child to go there). She also abused her horses.

I was strong as a kid, loved team sports and games, and made up two of my own called Donkey Kong (something between posionball and chasie) and Fisherman (lie on the board and catch the swimmers-you have to swim underwater to not get caught). I have four siblings and we also played footy and cricket.

I excelled at nothing, of course, due to my excessive clumsiness; neither individual such as rollarskating or skateboarding, which I taught myself to improve my balance (didn't work). I can't bike or hike anymore; far too stressful and I'd slowed my friends down.

Now I just watch tennis. I plan to learn to surf this vacation. I don't expect to do well on that either, but I have to try.

I tend to shoot a lot with my girlfriend. Kelly tends to shoot my 9mm better than I shoot my 9mm. I know the feeling.
I played a few individual sports (I am not a team sort of person), but was not very good at anything because I am very clumsy. I really like golf. I have all the equipment that is best suited to me and golf a lot. I still have trouble breaking 100. When I was younger, I was into dirt bikes and snowmobiles. While I was faster than the average rider, my results were poor considering the time and money that I put into it. I also do a lot of shooting, but I am not very good at that either due to old eyes. My wife is a much better shot. So, I get out done by a girl with a pink gun. However, I always had fun, no mater how bad I was at it.

I do enjoy watching sports of all kinds. My favorite is NCAA and NFL football.

Baseball - but not active in it anymore
Golf- its my work (sometimes nightmare) and my sport
I'm a lefty golfer, so I always get the usual comments... ug
I'm also clumsy and suck most of the time... but every now and then I amaze myself.

Baseball - but not active in it anymore
Golf- its my work (sometimes nightmare) and my sport
I'm a lefty golfer, so I always get the usual comments... ug
I'm also clumsy and suck most of the time... but every now and then I amaze myself.

I enjoy the mental aspects of golf. The complexities of the game and all the variables involved. The wind- the weather, etc., etc.. Especially the ability of one to visibly read all the breaks of a putting green at a distance. Yet the only time I swing a club in earnest is on my computer, courtesy of Electronic Arts and Tiger Woods.

Cool game, just never got around to playing the real thing. :oops:

I enjoy horseback riding, the only true state of co-being. It sucks if you do the ones for speficcally for mental disability. The only true way to bond with the horse is in an actual riding lesson or through caring for them.
Sometimes taking a job as a groomer can be just as rewarding. I have completely imeersed myself in horses, even to the point of ownership at the moment. It is the only “team” activity, work, or sport, that I find enjoyable and non draining on my energy and emotions.
There are several aspies I know at the barn, which is not typically for the disabled, but they are very accepting. The muscle you gain is primarily in the core, where I think I read somewhere is best for helping us with our difficulties?

I used to HATE PE at school, especially team games such as Rounders (the English version of Baseball), I couldn't, and still can't, swing a bat and actually hit the ball due to poor hand/eye co-ordination.

No. No sports period. Don't even watch the Olympics. Though perhaps if they played Baseball with hand grenades, I might be more interested...

One of my sons turned me on to a local disc golf course. ~~~₍⭖⁾ 爽
I am looking to add it into my fitness repertoire.
(I was a bit disappointed in my current Frisbee skills, though...
full
)

Last edited:
Enjoy cycling, but am terrible at most sports. All team sports and everything with a ball is a mystery for me. Also, I hate gymnastics on P.E. Athletics is interesting, but I am not good at running and jumping.

New Threads

Top Bottom