1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Featured Do you enojoy any type of sport?

Discussion in 'General Autism Discussion' started by Voltaic, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Voltaic

Voltaic Most likely a real person

I was good at soccer when I was younger, I wasn't good with team mates. Hockey wasn't a good thing as well. Lost interest in scouts and boxing, over some years. That is basically the summary of all my organized sports.

I never did lose interest with my bike. I started Mountain biking in grade seven and stuck with it until this day. I started to ski nearly around the same time I was getting serious with biking, and still ski to this day.

These days, biking and skiing are pretty much what I live for. So much of my future plans are based around them, you can definitely say my life revolves around the snow and trails. It is a obsession.

Did you guys play sports when you were kids, and do you still enjoy one or two to this day?

• Like Like x 3
  2. Gracey

Gracey Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

Currently only walking (although I don't suppose that's a sport)

Years ago, I would try just about anything.

Gymnastics, hockey, abseiling, clinmbing, netball, cycling, hurdling, shotputt, javelin, even football (soccer)

If I could understand the rules and the object of the activity I would try just about anything.

Nowadays, I just tend to watch it on the television. Olympic games, athletics, Wimbledon Tennis, cycling races.

• Like Like x 2
  3. xudo

xudo something V.I.P Member

Walking, and when I was in high school I enjoyed badminton. The PE teacher was very surprised that I was actually pretty good at badminton, as I hated PE and I'm really short :p

• Like Like x 5
  4. Streetwise

Streetwise Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

Swimming ,walking like to watch documentaries about walking can't swim at all or walk very far .

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rich Allen

Rich Allen Well-Known Member

I try and go swimming when I can, and I train in Taekwondo every Sunday and alternate Mondays and Fridays. I also go 10 Pin Bowling when I can afford it as it's not cheap.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Crossbreed

Crossbreed Missionary ☝ Cybernaut

• High school, cross-country running;
    • Until married, bicycle touring;
    • Now, triking paper route (15.5 mi) 2x/week

• Like Like x 3
  7. Voltaic

Voltaic Most likely a real person

Trikes look really comfy. a paper route on one would be pretty awesome.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Butterfly88

Butterfly88 Atypical V.I.P Member

I like golf (I really just do putting and driving ranges though) and cross country skiing.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. clg114

clg114 Still crazy, after all these years. V.I.P Member

I played a few individual sports (I am not a team sort of person), but was not very good at anything because I am very clumsy. I really like golf. I have all the equipment that is best suited to me and golf a lot. I still have trouble breaking 100. When I was younger, I was into dirt bikes and snowmobiles. While I was faster than the average rider, my results were poor considering the time and money that I put into it. I also do a lot of shooting, but I am not very good at that either due to old eyes. My wife is a much better shot. So, I get out done by a girl with a pink gun. However, I always had fun, no mater how bad I was at it.

I do enjoy watching sports of all kinds. My favorite is NCAA and NFL football.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Judge

Judge Well-Known Member

I played competitive badminton in high school and college. For me it was damn near a contact sport. I had one wicked, quasi-legal serve. Badminton as it was meant to be played. Even had my own racket, just like my own pool cue. :cool:

Also played intramural street hockey in my college dorm. As a bonus I got to keep all my teeth!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  11. Tcx

Tcx Beginner.

Swimming. I've learned when I was 7. Free style, backstroke, breaststroke, butterfly. Yet the swimming pool I was familiar with went out of business 3 years ago, I don't swim anymore.
    Basketball. Since I was taller than most of other female classmates, I was ordered to be the defender in class female basketball team. I practiced 1 hour at 4:30 a.m. and 2 hours at 6 p.m. daily for 1 years. Not really enjoy it, but set shot and layup are fine.

• Like Like x 3
  12. MeatHammer

MeatHammer New Member

i started playing sports by the time i was 5 and played basketball for 5 years and baseball for 3 years. I was pretty good at it too and didn't have a hard time communicating with my team when needed. I wasn't on a "special" team so knowing that is pretty cool to me.

now that i'm 16 (i'll be 17 in FEB. :O) i mainly workout, ride my bike around, and also ride my dirtbike on the weekends.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Mia

Mia Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

Long distance cycling in the summer, walking, snowshoeing in the winter. There's a local pool that I haven't been to yet, so I'll do that over the winter, chlorine in pools really dries out my skin and hair. Yoga, practise taekwondo as well, and shadow boxing.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Gritches

Gritches Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

I played basketball as a kid. It was the only sport where just being tall automatically made me valuable.

I don't play anything these days, though sometimes I crave the smell of freshly waxed parquet and the feel of leather in my hands. I know I still got game.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Sabrina

Sabrina Gentle & brave earthling V.I.P Member

Team sports: nop, never, pass.

Individual sports: yes. I love swimming, walking, hiking, biking, ice skating, roller skating.
    What I currently practice: swimming (every week day) walking.
    I seldom practice: hiking, ice skating.
    I miss biking and roller skating.
    When I was a kid I did gymnastics, and I loved it.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Celestiune

Celestiune New Member

I like swimming, and can due it but do to 'womanly' reasons, I don't actively pursue it as a sport.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Flinty

Flinty Off Indefinite Hiatus, I Guess V.I.P Member

Curling and rifle shooting. In a related story, I'm rather competent at aiming stuff.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Sherlock77

Sherlock77 Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

Nope... I'm the clumsiest person you'll ever meet... But like some other people I do walk lots, sometimes spend a good portion of my weekends on my feet, I think I did last weekend...

I didn't bike for many years, but earlier this year I purchased a vintage bike from a friend, a 1950 CCM bike (A Canadian brand), I tried to use it more this year, only got out five or six times... It's definitely not easy to ride, quite heavy, single speed and coaster brakes... Yeeha! I hope to use it more next summer

• Like Like x 2
  19. onlything

onlything Gathering pieces V.I.P Member

Horse riding. You can guess why.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Myway

Myway Well-Known Member

I used to play soccer when I was 4 years old and that was fun. The field was next to a railway, so we saw trains often. I quit playing soccer when I was 10 years old. Now I am not into any kind of sports. For me it is a waste of time, but for certain family members sports are amazing, so I try to keep my opinions to myself.

• Like Like x 1