• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you enojoy any type of sport?

Voltaic

Plaidhiker@youtube
I was good at soccer when I was younger, I wasn't good with team mates. Hockey wasn't a good thing as well. Lost interest in scouts and boxing, over some years. That is basically the summary of all my organized sports.

I never did lose interest with my bike. I started Mountain biking in grade seven and stuck with it until this day. I started to ski nearly around the same time I was getting serious with biking, and still ski to this day.

These days, biking and skiing are pretty much what I live for. So much of my future plans are based around them, you can definitely say my life revolves around the snow and trails. It is a obsession.

Did you guys play sports when you were kids, and do you still enjoy one or two to this day?

Currently only walking (although I don't suppose that's a sport)

Years ago, I would try just about anything.

Gymnastics, hockey, abseiling, clinmbing, netball, cycling, hurdling, shotputt, javelin, even football (soccer)

If I could understand the rules and the object of the activity I would try just about anything.

Nowadays, I just tend to watch it on the television. Olympic games, athletics, Wimbledon Tennis, cycling races.

Walking, and when I was in high school I enjoyed badminton. The PE teacher was very surprised that I was actually pretty good at badminton, as I hated PE and I'm really short :p

I was good at soccer when I was younger, I wasn't good with team mates. Hockey wasn't a good thing as well. lost interest in scouts and boxing, over some years. That is basically the summery of all my organized sports.

I never did loose interest with my bike. I started Mountain biking in grade seven and stuck with it until this day. I started to ski nearly around the same time I was getting serious with biking, and still ski to this day.

These days, biking and skiing are pretty much what I live for. So much of my future plans are based around them, you can defiantly say my life revolves around the snow and trails. It is a obsession.

Did you guys play sports when you where kids, and do you still enjoy one or two to this day?
Swimming ,walking like to watch documentaries about walking can't swim at all or walk very far .

I try and go swimming when I can, and I train in Taekwondo every Sunday and alternate Mondays and Fridays. I also go 10 Pin Bowling when I can afford it as it's not cheap.

• High school, cross-country running;
  • Until married, bicycle touring;
  • Now, triking paper route (15.5 mi) 2x/week

I played a few individual sports (I am not a team sort of person), but was not very good at anything because I am very clumsy. I really like golf. I have all the equipment that is best suited to me and golf a lot. I still have trouble breaking 100. When I was younger, I was into dirt bikes and snowmobiles. While I was faster than the average rider, my results were poor considering the time and money that I put into it. I also do a lot of shooting, but I am not very good at that either due to old eyes. My wife is a much better shot. So, I get out done by a girl with a pink gun. However, I always had fun, no mater how bad I was at it.

I do enjoy watching sports of all kinds. My favorite is NCAA and NFL football.

Walking, and when I was in high school I enjoyed badminton. The PE teacher was very surprised that I was actually pretty good at badminton, as I hated PE and I'm really short :p

I played competitive badminton in high school and college. For me it was damn near a contact sport. I had one wicked, quasi-legal serve. Badminton as it was meant to be played. Even had my own racket, just like my own pool cue. :cool:

Also played intramural street hockey in my college dorm. As a bonus I got to keep all my teeth!

Last edited:
Swimming. I've learned when I was 7. Free style, backstroke, breaststroke, butterfly. Yet the swimming pool I was familiar with went out of business 3 years ago, I don't swim anymore.
Basketball. Since I was taller than most of other female classmates, I was ordered to be the defender in class female basketball team. I practiced 1 hour at 4:30 a.m. and 2 hours at 6 p.m. daily for 1 years. Not really enjoy it, but set shot and layup are fine.

I was good at soccer when I was younger, I wasn't good with team mates. Hockey wasn't a good thing as well. Lost interest in scouts and boxing, over some years. That is basically the summary of all my organized sports.

I never did lose interest with my bike. I started Mountain biking in grade seven and stuck with it until this day. I started to ski nearly around the same time I was getting serious with biking, and still ski to this day.

These days, biking and skiing are pretty much what I live for. So much of my future plans are based around them, you can definitely say my life revolves around the snow and trails. It is a obsession.

Did you guys play sports when you were kids, and do you still enjoy one or two to this day?

i started playing sports by the time i was 5 and played basketball for 5 years and baseball for 3 years. I was pretty good at it too and didn't have a hard time communicating with my team when needed. I wasn't on a "special" team so knowing that is pretty cool to me.

now that i'm 16 (i'll be 17 in FEB. :O) i mainly workout, ride my bike around, and also ride my dirtbike on the weekends.

Long distance cycling in the summer, walking, snowshoeing in the winter. There's a local pool that I haven't been to yet, so I'll do that over the winter, chlorine in pools really dries out my skin and hair. Yoga, practise taekwondo as well, and shadow boxing.

I played basketball as a kid. It was the only sport where just being tall automatically made me valuable.

I don't play anything these days, though sometimes I crave the smell of freshly waxed parquet and the feel of leather in my hands. I know I still got game.

Team sports: nop, never, pass.

Individual sports: yes. I love swimming, walking, hiking, biking, ice skating, roller skating.
What I currently practice: swimming (every week day) walking.
I seldom practice: hiking, ice skating.
I miss biking and roller skating.
When I was a kid I did gymnastics, and I loved it.

Curling and rifle shooting. In a related story, I'm rather competent at aiming stuff.

Nope... I'm the clumsiest person you'll ever meet... But like some other people I do walk lots, sometimes spend a good portion of my weekends on my feet, I think I did last weekend...

I didn't bike for many years, but earlier this year I purchased a vintage bike from a friend, a 1950 CCM bike (A Canadian brand), I tried to use it more this year, only got out five or six times... It's definitely not easy to ride, quite heavy, single speed and coaster brakes... Yeeha! I hope to use it more next summer

I used to play soccer when I was 4 years old and that was fun. The field was next to a railway, so we saw trains often. I quit playing soccer when I was 10 years old. Now I am not into any kind of sports. For me it is a waste of time, but for certain family members sports are amazing, so I try to keep my opinions to myself.

New Threads

Top Bottom