• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you enjoy internet drama?

Depends.

Sometimes I find myself laughing my ass off over people arguing over such trivial bs. Other times it's just annoying especially if it has anything to do with politics or religion.

Some forum dramas can be entertaining, but there can be cases where people go right over the top. Name calling, arguments and flaing generally happen in a lot of cases, and it's difficult to work out whether to get involved sometimes. If you end up the target of the flaming, then it gets even harder. Most of the time, though, the drama will fizzle out after about 5-10 pages (unless people get really stuck in) and things will get back to normal. You just have to remember, you can't please everyone.

Haven't you gone around asking people if they have ever milked a cow or pretending to be a farmer?
I've asked that question on forums. It's a random question that I don't see why anyone would care if I ask it.

Last edited:
When I am depressed, I prefer to listen to people's cel phones on my surveillance monitor,
net drama is boring. I like to hear the real thing, like around Valenbane's Day
when lovers fight and break up. Otherwise no I don't like hearing peple beanhatching back
and forth.

Do I enjoy it? Well, it depends on the forum in which it is going on. If I care about users there and put an emotional investment into it, drama, while sometimes necessary, distresses me because I don't like seeing people I care about upset, but on other forums meant for that sort of thing, I don't mind.

I hate Internet drama. I left another Aspie forum because of it and came here, which seems to be a lot calmer and less butthurt than the other one. Also, quite often I scroll past Facebook posts with a lot of comments because the comments are usually full of drama, whether it be complaints about a typo in the post, or very long, detailed, scientific corrections, or Christian bashing on posts from secular pages that happen to mention God. Sometimes when I look at the number of comments I imagine a bunch of people running to attack someone.

Same here, Beach. I'd tried another forum "incorrect space rock" & some race hate nuts were using it to try to recruit some of the more angry, paranoid yet suggestible Aspies. When I confronted the troll, he threatened to track me through my IP address & come 'get' me. That was creepy, weird & downright dangerous. That was it for me.

This place is relatively drama free(except for our thespian members & their stage performances!). Disagreements, misunderstanding & tiffs between people are to be expected. We tend to be very good at either agreeing to disagree or solving problems amicably.

So long as we respect each other's point of view, we have the choice to agree or disagree.

I am more concerned about getting things done in different ways they may come. So let us just post what we think, while we remain differently awesome people ourselves. :)

Personally I don't like drama. I don't like it in real life or on the internet. So while I think if people are respectful to each other then fine. But I really don't like People calling names, or trolling, or hurting other people on purpose. I also have been known to stick up for people sometimes when I feel like it might be deterimental to their well being if something is left unsaid. But usually I just try to avoid it. It bothers me. Conflict and intimidation bother me.

New Threads

Top Bottom