• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you annoy people?

I annoy people because they don't get from me what they intend to, but for a few who like it, maybe they just like to meet someone with different insight.

Yes.

A couple people are annoyed by my
tactless lack of body mass. According
to these [2] people they are quite hurt
that I am not in the same weight range
they are. (50 to 75 pounds overweight)

Having ideas & interests of my own is
also annoying. Fortunately, the ones who
are annoyed by either my body or my mind
are not significant participants in my daily
life. They live far away from me & I don't
have an obligation to visit or talk with them.

Yes.

A couple people are annoyed by my
tactless lack of body mass. According
to these [2] people they are quite hurt
that I am not in the same weight range
they are. (50 to 75 pounds overweight)

Having ideas & interests of my own is
also annoying. Fortunately, the ones who
are annoyed by either my body or my mind
are not significant participants in my daily
life. They live far away from me & I don't
have an obligation to visit or talk with them.

Well, it annoys me to. Not you. The fact that I am not slim and trim anymore.

Not intentionally, but there are 2 whole forums on the Net full of people who are mad at me because I don't work for money. and have a living "on their taxes", smh, it's not like I haven't TRIED to get a job beyond voluntary work, it's not my fault current so called Equal Opportunities laws ain't worth the paper they're printed on IMHO.

people hate me because im honest and I speak my mind
they hate the way I look,they hate the way i walk,They hate the way I talk,they hate me without a cause
they hate what they dont understand..they hate what they can't conquer

“If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you.
John 15:18

Last edited:
I've replied to this thread before but I've realised I must annoy people more than I had previously thought. Now I've noticed that I must annoy people so much that they can't put up with me even getting to the end of a sentence. Doesn't do much for a person's self esteem really when they ask a question then can't even be bothered to listen to the answer. Almost like they are deliberately chipping away steadily at where my self respect used to be.

So in answer to the topic question, do I annoy people?, Yes.

I annoy my husband often!

As for others, a certain type of person, I think finds me not even worthy to dust their shoes ( not that I would anyway lol). I find this mostly when I try to talk and it comes out all garbled and I go bright red and I can see their derisive looks at me; almost pitying!

My husband's biggest gripe right now, is when some people come to see us, I ignore him. I don't actually, but it is such an effort to talk to two people and I have to remind myself to share my gaze and so, enter another person and I am almost in panic and so, fade them out. I try to explain this to my husband, but he does not get it and says I am still being rude. He has said that even when he puts his hand on my shoulder, I do not react. Again, I tried to explain that it is like a heavy weight and all it does is makes me go into myself and so, we have come up with another possible way and that is for him to stand in front of me and smile and say: hi, I am here. I think that may work.

I have noticed that the more I associate with people face to face, the reactions are mostly bordom and I admit to be confused because I do not have a montoned voice. I guess it is because I tend to say more to say a little. It is like to reach C I must go through B first.

It is funny you should say that about other aspies, for I cannot listen to female aspies on youtube for too long, because they go on and on and on and it gets boring, but I suppose that is me too and that is embarrassing.

New Threads

Top Bottom