• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do I Have Autism

Hi! Im danny, im 18. Im brand new to this forum and id love to discuss some of my symptoms with people formally diagnosed and hear their opinion on it. Feel free to reply/message me!

c31191e4b9a80ecad6628005e9c0b34d.png

Hello and welcome to the ASPIESCentral.

If you haven't already you might want to start by completing an online test such as the Aspie Quiz, no online test is an official diagnosis, but if you answer the questions as honestly as possible without any bias towards what you might want to see in your results it can give you a really good idea as to whether you are likely to be on the autistic spectrum or not. Also not everyone who is autistic has every trait, so even if you answer some questions against what you believe are commonly autistic the results could still conclude that you are very likely an Aspie.

Best of luck! :)

Last edited:
Hi, and welcome! What are your symptoms that you would like to discuss? I was just diagnosed this year at age 29, but I grew up with a brother who is on the spectrum, so I have quite a bit of knowledge on the subject.

Hi, and welcome! What are your symptoms that you would like to discuss? I was just diagnosed this year at age 29, but I grew up with a brother who is on the spectrum, so I have quite a bit of knowledge on the subject.
okay! so, i have taken online tests and they all say i am very likely to have aspergers, my symptoms are:
-really compulsive behavior (sometimes self destructive)
- i am very sensitive to sound
- i also have a really hard time keeping up conversations, and i space out a lot
- i also have a very intense interest in video games
- i feel that my stuffed animals have feelings, and pretty much every other object. if i drop a toy or stuffed animal i cry and feel terrible.
- i play with toys still (i am 18)
- i have a hard time retaining information. someone can tell me something and i will forget it 5 minutes later. i even forgot my birthday while i was on the phone with a doctor.
- i have a very hard time getting up in the morning, and with hygiene. I also have a very hard time doing homework and going to work. i had to cut down my days of working to only once a week because i could not handle anymore, and even still i want to quit. i do not drive, and i do not even have an id. i also forget to eat a lot of the time.
- i do not feel comfortable around people my own age (except my girlfriend). i feel better talking to either smaller children or adults.
- i can never tell someones feelings. i am oblivious.
- i also have meltdowns very often, which can include hitting myself
- i am extremely clumsy. i work at a subway and i get cut/burnt very often

thats not necessarily all of them, but i think it should be enough to go off of for an opinion! thank you!

okay! so, i have taken online tests and they all say i am very likely to have aspergers, my symptoms are:
- i also have a really hard time keeping up conversations, and i space out a lot
- i feel that my stuffed animals have feelings, and pretty much every other object. if i drop a toy or stuffed animal i cry and feel terrible.
- i have a hard time retaining information. someone can tell me something and i will forget it 5 minutes later. i even forgot my birthday while i was on the phone with a doctor.
- i have a very hard time getting up in the morning, and with hygiene. I also have a very hard time doing homework and going to work. i had to cut down my days of working to only once a week because i could not handle anymore, and even still i want to quit. i do not drive, and i do not even have an id. i also forget to eat a lot of the time.
- i do not feel comfortable around people my own age (except my girlfriend). i feel better talking to either smaller children or adults.

thats not necessarily all of them, but i think it should be enough to go off of for an opinion! thank you!
I think you already know and are just looking for further confirmation, well we will see what others think too, but from what you've written I think you're almost certainly on the higher functioning end of the autism spectrum, especially with the online test results.

Interesting. I have always and still do attribute emotions to stuffed animals, etc. When someone is careless or intentionally mean to them I have to try very hard not to reveal the illogical anguish I feel inside for the toy to the real people around at the time.

New Threads

Top Bottom