• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do aspies miss their exes?

Sort of. Or I guess it's more like I miss being in a relationship rather than actually missing my ex. I find it hard to enjoy relationships, but on the other hand, I'm yearning for the feeling of being loved and the security of having something fixed in my otherwise chaotic life.

I made sure to stop missing him before I told him we were over, just so he couldn't manipulate his way back in.

Only one in particular. But it was long ago.

At this point I wish I could just forget her for my own good.

Do persons with aspergers miss their exes after break up?
Everyone on the spectrum is vastly different. I only had one ex in my entire life and while I dont get attached to people easily if I'm bonded to you I'm typically bonded for life. So when we broke up it took me a year to get over her and nearly three years to forget her completely. However I have not been in love since nor do I foresee myself falling in love in the future.

Not really, even if ending on good terms, no. I had this one friend I was friends with for years, whom I haven't spoken to in months and I remain apathetic about it. With two of my exes I feel a sense of nostalgia when looking at old emails, but not really a miss type feeling. Perhaps this has to do with the fact that my first ex was a lunatic and the second was excessively needy and clingy.

I don't miss my wife at all. We broke up after seven years married and nearly ten together back in Jan 2015 and I haven't looked back.

The partner I was with after her is another story. She was my first partner since my wife and the first partner I had since starting on the fetish scene, so the attachment was so so much stronger than I felt before. Although I currently have a few partners that I see regularly, none have made me feel as much as I felt for my her. I do still miss what we had, but as she was so horrendously horrible to me after she left the country to go back to the US, it's not so much her I miss, it's what we had.

No!

one of the best things that happened in my life. she was a perpetual victim, scheming things to play the innocent victim.. found an old email from a decade ago from hers... spewed so much venom.. reminded me once again, that was one of the best things that happened to me in my life... definitely in the top 10 when she left.

I don't have any ex now, I'm still with my first boyfriend. I'm in a lot distance relationship though and I miss him a lot.

Can't say that I really do.

My first two exes I got tired of and called it quits. I hopped from one relationship into the next and then another relationship after the second. It was like I had them lined up to counter being alone.

My last ex though, I didn't have anyone to hop off from, and so I had to confront being alone whether I wanted to or not and it was a little scary for me. So much so that I had no idea what I was going to do with my life. So I packed up and moved around the country from one state to the next. I did have a number of flings in that time, but I never let it get very serious.

I'm back in my original town again, but I'm a very different person now. I've spent years alone now and I'm more comfortable. I live alone in my own studio with just me and my dog. To be honest, I think if anything I've grown so comfortable with being alone now that I'm not sure if I want to change it. My life is so much more peaceful now.

Do persons with aspergers miss their exes after break up?

Um, we don't really have the social skills to form romantic/sexual relationships and apparently we're not supposed to like intimacy. :D

No not really I've dated lots of girls and most I was just collecting to make sex partner number higher.
You must be an NT, aspies can't do that :eek:

You started another thread that's pretty much exactly the same as this yesterday.

Do Aspie Exes Come Back/ Reconnect After Breakup Or Divorce?

Ummmmm....I'm telling on you :p

Here's the deal with me: I'm too nice to girls I like, which is why I avoid them these days just to keep from embarrassing myself. Sure, I got laid a few times and had a few girlfriends in the past, but I'm pretty sure it was just pity sex/relationships. I don't know why I even waste my time anymore quite frankly. All I see is so many girls going for the worst types of guys, and then crying that they get their heart broken, when they won't go out with a nice one because she thinks he's "boring". What a load of illogical garbage.

New Threads

Top Bottom