• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Digital Art (Drawings and Paintings)

Luca

V.I.P Member
I was really surprised to see that there isn't a thread on here about digital art... maybe it was old and I missed it? Anyway, I've posted a few of my drawings and paintings, and I'm a little shy about showing more of them off... I know my style isn't everyone's cup of tea. I've gotten some pretty harsh criticisms of my art when I was a student, that really hurt my feelings (I'm aware that I'm not the best at what I do, but I'm sensitive because it's a passion of mine), so I'll politely explain that I'm not looking for a critique... I'm looking to share my interest with others who might enjoy it, and encourage others to share their own works :blush:
I do two different styles; more traditional drawings that are basic and have bold colors, and digital paintings. I use a Huion Kamvas tablet with a stylus and I draw in Photoshop. I've only been drawing this way for about a year. I'm much more experienced with traditional drawing and painting but I feel like they come out nicer digitally.
I do a lot of self-portraits, because I'm not a selfie person and I don't have a lot of photos of me, and I'm more comfortable expressing myself with art (my drawings are as accurate to my appearance as possible though, imperfections included... I don't try to draw myself as a thin person, because that would be dishonest). I also draw animals, mostly dogs, since dogs are my Special Interest. But I draw cats, birds, and horses too, I just don't have a good example of any of those to share at this point in time. I generally draw from memory but sometimes I use references.
I'll stop myself before I ramble too long again, although it looks like I already have... :confounded:
Here's my art!

Here are a few I did for a friend who breeds Border Collies...
border collie.JPG

sam.JPG

trifle and loop.JPG

Here's a portrait I drew for my friend who has a Pointer who is a new Grand Champion...
pointer stacked.JPG

Drew this one for a friend who has Great Danes...
great dane.JPG

Two of my own dogs...
kodi.JPG

linda 1.JPG

My dog competing in Flyball...
linda flyball.JPG

Here are a few of me with my own dogs (it's hard to get my skin tone correct, sorry for the inconsistency!)
luca and dogs.JPG
luca and kodi.JPG

Here are some self-portraits, and a painting of me and my best friend... and I do actually have freckles! They just don't look quite like that, lol... I didn't know how else to draw them without making them look like pimples. My eyebrows really are darker than my hair, that's not a mistake. I already posted a couple of these but I'm including them here because they're still artwork.
luca 2.JPG

luca.JPG

luca and kodi 2.JPG

friends selfie.JPG

And last one, I promise, this is a Fawn Doberman and a Blue Doberman.
uno and siren.JPG

@crewlucaa_ , these are great!
My own digital drawing skills are not great but I love to do it anyway. I had a wacom tablet for many years but when it died I couldn't replace it. My Samsung is almost as good, good enough for my skill any way.

Most of my stuff lately has been for album covers. I'm really into digital collage/manipulation, but sometimes I draw a thing or two.
a0078685348_10.jpg

a3731860068_10.jpg

a0625608286_10.jpg

a2209582425_10.jpg

a3770879075_10.jpg

Last edited:
I've got a couple things: An entry for a Halloween art contest in one of my other online groups, and my Tumblr Header. I do have one of a Space Scene but it's too large to fit here, however it's in one of my Albums here on the Forums (in the Media section).

Kitty Seer.png

Tumblr Header 2.0.png

I've recently learnt that I quite enjoy drawing on the computer, only been giving it a proper go for the last 2 days but this what I've done so far, they're based on pictures I took in South Africa...

51670364415_5d2c9186f9_w.jpg

51667636882_5b6d399776_w.jpg

This is the one I'm currently working on, not too far off from finishing but spending a lot more time on it than the first two.

51670497951_8c2c10e5a5_w.jpg

Last edited:
Finals (2).png

Digital corrections/enhancements on drawings are kind of fun. Does this count as a digital drawing? Because I draw like a lobotomized orang-outan. If you haven't guessed the theme of this drawing is "college finals."

This was sketched with black ink on paper using a cheap but effective fountain-pen that was included with the ink.

Digital programs used: MS Word for adjustment to contrast, Photos to crop it out.

Here are my newest ones :)

Girl drummer (original character, not supposed to be a real person… although she looks a lot more like me than I intended :confused:)
And closeup of details on her face, which I’m pretty happy with!

FA909652-5049-4730-94CA-C80306CC5DE3.jpeg
65A59321-24F8-49BF-8979-027759EEDD53.jpeg

And Maria Franz from Heilung, in her stage outfit and corpse makeup… I’m VERY proud of this one!!! Took me a few days to finish lol.
42FB0646-8F54-430B-AB77-56A59589ED47.jpeg

I was really surprised to see that there isn't a thread on here about digital art... maybe it was old and I missed it? Anyway, I've posted a few of my drawings and paintings, and I'm a little shy about showing more of them off... I know my style isn't everyone's cup of tea. I've gotten some pretty harsh criticisms of my art when I was a student, that really hurt my feelings (I'm aware that I'm not the best at what I do, but I'm sensitive because it's a passion of mine), so I'll politely explain that I'm not looking for a critique... I'm looking to share my interest with others who might enjoy it, and encourage others to share their own works :blush:
I do two different styles; more traditional drawings that are basic and have bold colors, and digital paintings. I use a Huion Kamvas tablet with a stylus and I draw in Photoshop. I've only been drawing this way for about a year. I'm much more experienced with traditional drawing and painting but I feel like they come out nicer digitally.
I do a lot of self-portraits, because I'm not a selfie person and I don't have a lot of photos of me, and I'm more comfortable expressing myself with art (my drawings are as accurate to my appearance as possible though, imperfections included... I don't try to draw myself as a thin person, because that would be dishonest). I also draw animals, mostly dogs, since dogs are my Special Interest. But I draw cats, birds, and horses too, I just don't have a good example of any of those to share at this point in time. I generally draw from memory but sometimes I use references.
I'll stop myself before I ramble too long again, although it looks like I already have... :confounded:
Here's my art!

I love your style! I particularly adore your dog portraits!

Here are some self-portraits, and a painting of me and my best friend... and I do actually have freckles! They just don't look quite like that, lol... I didn't know how else to draw them without making them look like pimples. My eyebrows really are darker than my hair, that's not a mistake. I already posted a couple of these but I'm including them here because they're still artwork.
View attachment 71130

View attachment 71131

View attachment 71132

View attachment 71133

And last one, I promise, this is a Fawn Doberman and a Blue Doberman.
View attachment 71134
You've got a gift don't waste it

This looks weird because it is a photo of my ipad.
I did the drawing directly on the ipad while watching the snow slowly cover the line of trees at the back of the yard. It was one of those sadder than usual days.

2A930A52-BBF4-4B84-AFDD-0A7249A0FBEE.jpeg

New Threads

Top Bottom