1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Digital Art (Drawings and Paintings)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by crewlucaa_, Oct 6, 2021.

1. crewlucaa_

crewlucaa_ blissful soul, wild heart V.I.P Member

I was really surprised to see that there isn't a thread on here about digital art... maybe it was old and I missed it? Anyway, I've posted a few of my drawings and paintings, and I'm a little shy about showing more of them off... I know my style isn't everyone's cup of tea. I've gotten some pretty harsh criticisms of my art when I was a student, that really hurt my feelings (I'm aware that I'm not the best at what I do, but I'm sensitive because it's a passion of mine), so I'll politely explain that I'm not looking for a critique... I'm looking to share my interest with others who might enjoy it, and encourage others to share their own works :blush:
    I do two different styles; more traditional drawings that are basic and have bold colors, and digital paintings. I use a Huion Kamvas tablet with a stylus and I draw in Photoshop. I've only been drawing this way for about a year. I'm much more experienced with traditional drawing and painting but I feel like they come out nicer digitally.
    I do a lot of self-portraits, because I'm not a selfie person and I don't have a lot of photos of me, and I'm more comfortable expressing myself with art (my drawings are as accurate to my appearance as possible though, imperfections included... I don't try to draw myself as a thin person, because that would be dishonest). I also draw animals, mostly dogs, since dogs are my Special Interest. But I draw cats, birds, and horses too, I just don't have a good example of any of those to share at this point in time. I generally draw from memory but sometimes I use references.
    I'll stop myself before I ramble too long again, although it looks like I already have... :confounded:
    Here's my art!

Here are a few I did for a friend who breeds Border Collies...
    border collie.JPG

sam.JPG

trifle and loop.JPG

Here's a portrait I drew for my friend who has a Pointer who is a new Grand Champion...
    pointer stacked.JPG

Drew this one for a friend who has Great Danes...
    great dane.JPG

Two of my own dogs...
    kodi.JPG

linda 1.JPG

My dog competing in Flyball...
    linda flyball.JPG

Here are a few of me with my own dogs (it's hard to get my skin tone correct, sorry for the inconsistency!)
    luca and dogs.JPG luca and kodi.JPG

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. crewlucaa_

Here are some self-portraits, and a painting of me and my best friend... and I do actually have freckles! They just don't look quite like that, lol... I didn't know how else to draw them without making them look like pimples. My eyebrows really are darker than my hair, that's not a mistake. I already posted a couple of these but I'm including them here because they're still artwork.
    luca 2.JPG

luca.JPG

luca and kodi 2.JPG

friends selfie.JPG

And last one, I promise, this is a Fawn Doberman and a Blue Doberman.
    uno and siren.JPG

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Streetwise

Streetwise Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

Digital art reminds me of interpolated rotoscoping like this a-history-of-the-art-of-rotoscoping-3.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  4. Suzette

Suzette Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

@crewlucaa_ , these are great!
    My own digital drawing skills are not great but I love to do it anyway. I had a wacom tablet for many years but when it died I couldn't replace it. My Samsung is almost as good, good enough for my skill any way.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Magna

Magna Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

@crewlucaa_ , I think your digital drawings are awesome. Thank you so much for posting them!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  6. Nightingale121

Nightingale121 he/him | they/them

I like your art, @crewlucaa_.

I found an old thread about digital art:
    Digital Artwork

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. tkcartoonist

tkcartoonist Tunes and Toons

Most of my stuff lately has been for album covers. I'm really into digital collage/manipulation, but sometimes I draw a thing or two.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  8. tkcartoonist

I completed this future album cover last night.

KaijugoogooCoverBandcamp.png

• Like Like x 1
  9. Isadoorian

Isadoorian Welcomer of Newcomers V.I.P Member

I've got a couple things: An entry for a Halloween art contest in one of my other online groups, and my Tumblr Header. I do have one of a Space Scene but it's too large to fit here, however it's in one of my Albums here on the Forums (in the Media section).

Kitty Seer.png

Tumblr Header 2.0.png

• Like Like x 2
  10. Catherine Read

Catherine Read Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

I've recently learnt that I quite enjoy drawing on the computer, only been giving it a proper go for the last 2 days but this what I've done so far, they're based on pictures I took in South Africa...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the one I'm currently working on, not too far off from finishing but spending a lot more time on it than the first two.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  11. tkcartoonist

This is something I made for a video I'm working on.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. Gerontius

Gerontius Well-Known Member

Finals (2).png

Digital corrections/enhancements on drawings are kind of fun. Does this count as a digital drawing? Because I draw like a lobotomized orang-outan. If you haven't guessed the theme of this drawing is "college finals."

This was sketched with black ink on paper using a cheap but effective fountain-pen that was included with the ink.

Digital programs used: MS Word for adjustment to contrast, Photos to crop it out.

• Like Like x 1
  13. crewlucaa_

Here are my newest ones :)

Girl drummer (original character, not supposed to be a real person… although she looks a lot more like me than I intended :confused:)
    And closeup of details on her face, which I’m pretty happy with!

FA909652-5049-4730-94CA-C80306CC5DE3.jpeg 65A59321-24F8-49BF-8979-027759EEDD53.jpeg

And Maria Franz from Heilung, in her stage outfit and corpse makeup… I’m VERY proud of this one!!! Took me a few days to finish lol.
    42FB0646-8F54-430B-AB77-56A59589ED47.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  14. Skittlebisquit

Skittlebisquit Just keep trying, victory brings glory V.I.P Member

I like the last one best, Hielung is my favorite band. Thanks for sharing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Flown

Flown Active Member

I love your style! I particularly adore your dog portraits!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1