• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

depression?

Suzanne

V.I.P Member
I saw my psychiatrst and because I have been suffering depression, brought on by extreme anxiety, he RELISHED it and seem to change towards and and even said: you have been denying it for a while now, but you are finally accepting you suffer depression and because I am suffering right now, decided it was wiser to just go along with him and so, I am taking two different types of medicine ( not mentioning what they are, because if I find out anything negative, I won't take them and I must for now).

Therapist told me that within two week's, I will feel better and that in the intrim, to take anti anxiety tablets and so, last night I did what was requested and had an awful night. I was so tired, I could barely walk and nausea smacked me, but could not sleep, due to the depression tablets and thus, decided to not do as he says.

This morning, I woke without anxiety and put it down to the depression tablets, so for me, they are working immediately.

Even my husband seems satisfied that at last I admit I am depressed. Yet, when I went to another therapist, he clearly said I was not depressed.

I guess there are many faces to depression and one recognises it straight away, due to not putting it in a box ie you tick all the right boxes, but the other therapist ticked another set and declared I can't be depressed.

I hate being labled as depressed, but I also hate what I have been through. It whipped all my joy and each day was too hard to get through and sleep was my only salvation, but woke feeling dreadful.

Psychiatrists sure do like handing out medicine and I am seen as cooperating wth him, by taking medicine.

That is unfortunate. I live in Canada and my experience has been that the Psychiatrists in inpatient units in hospitals will literally shove pills down your throat under threat of uniformed brutish thugs and the Psychiatrists that work in the private sector (that you have to pay for by the hour) try to avoid using medication and actually seek to help their patients and show a deep caring and sympathy.

I'm very grateful that my parents are paying for my current psychiatrist because I would be lost without her right now. None of the masked fiends in the hospitals have ever once told me that there was nothing wrong with me, but that my mind worked differently. No, they all told me I needed meds to dull me because the way I was was wrong.

Having said that, I was misdiagnosed previously and I don't actually have depression. If you actually do, then I really hope that the meds work for you and wish you the best.

That is unfortunate. I live in Canada and my experience has been that the Psychiatrists in inpatient units in hospitals will literally shove pills down your throat under threat of uniformed brutish thugs and the Psychiatrists that work in the private sector (that you have to pay for by the hour) try to avoid using medication and actually seek to help their patients and show a deep caring and sympathy.

I'm very grateful that my parents are paying for my current psychiatrist because I would be lost without her right now. None of the masked fiends in the hospitals have ever once told me that there was nothing wrong with me, but that my mind worked differently. No, they all told me I needed meds to dull me because the way I was was wrong.

Having said that, I was misdiagnosed previously and I don't actually have depression. If you actually do, then I really hope that the meds work for you and wish you the best.
that’s the one very strange benefit about taking an overdose they wouldn’t give me any more medicines ,that is the one and only benefit, I was held on an emergency ward but the NHS policy now is get you out as quickly as they possibly can, I was in 10 o’clock at night and out by 12 o’clock the next day,they did make sure an ambulance took me home.
The only group therapy I had was a group of doctors (get the feeling they were students )coming asking me why I took an overdose.

I hate being labled as depressed, but I also hate what I have been through. It whipped all my joy and each day was too hard to get through and sleep was my only salvation, but woke feeling dreadful.
Okay, for future reference, if you have lost all your joy, each day is too hard to get through, and sleep is your only salvation and you wake feeling dreadful - you are depressed.

Those are your own words, not the doctor's. You need to learn to recognize depression in yourself, and get help earlier rather than later.

It sounds like you have a good husband and now a good doctor. Count yourself fortunate. I hope you get your joy back soon.

="Suzanne, post: 648761, member: 12166"]I saw my psychiatrst and because I have been suffering depression, brought on by extreme anxiety, he RELISHED it and seem to change towards and and even said: you have been denying it for a while now, but you are finally accepting you suffer depression and because I am suffering right now, decided it was wiser to just go along with him and so, I am taking two different types of medicine ( not mentioning what they are, because if I find out anything negative, I won't take them and I must for now).

Therapist told me that within two week's, I will feel better and that in the intrim, to take anti anxiety tablets and so, last night I did what was requested and had an awful night. I was so tired, I could barely walk and nausea smacked me, but could not sleep, due to the depression tablets and thus, decided to not do as he says.

This morning, I woke without anxiety and put it down to the depression tablets, so for me, they are working immediately.

Even my husband seems satisfied that at last I admit I am depressed. Yet, when I went to another therapist, he clearly said I was not depressed.

" Im happy the meds sees to work as it should Suzanne "

I guess there are many faces to depression and one recognises it straight away, due to not putting it in a box ie you tick all the right boxes, but the other therapist ticked another set and declared I can't be depressed.

" As with every diagnose there are diffent ways of how they show + said severety level again so to be able to tick the box you must also be aware of what a depression is and usuell signs of it "

" Take it from me Suzanne i am very greatful for all my lables as i utliest know what the heck is wrong with me. and you have nothing to feel ashamed of Suzanne. Neither of us have chosen to be born with any of our diagnosis "

Psychiatrists sure do like handing out medicine and I am seen as cooperating wth him, by taking medicine.

" Yes they are they have been trying to get me on different meds most of my life as well but i said NO thats youre right . This said again im not against any meds just for me its alredy to late and whats broken is alredy broken and learnt to deal with it. "

Last edited:
Hi Suzanne. You're like me in that I don't like to take meds. But if you need them and they work it IS good. I'm on an anti-depressant (Lexapro). I only take a half tablet daily which helps enormously. If I take a whole one I will start getting anxiety.

l took a antidepressant once in my life. It saved my life. You will get off of it eventually, it's just to help you through this tough spot right now. l was a walking robot just numb with sadness and barely functioning when l took it. So thankful. This is a great step for you. Do you think you can have some talk therapy when you start to feel better? Sending a virtual teddy bear hug and jello shots of happy thoughts.

New Threads

Top Bottom