• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Deodorant/Sweating OCD

I only use natural deodorants since I am allergic to antiperspirants. I also shave my arm pits the best I can so there’s less chance of a lingering stench in them. I am generally “nose-blind” but I find if I don’t trim the hair in my pits, they will smell like butt and even I smell it. :p

I use Dove - Clinical Protection, for men(they have for women too)... It's a click stick and I don't have any issues... Although, I do put on the deodorant and wait a few minutes, before I put on my shirt. I ran into the problem with the deo staining my shirts and found that if I waited until it dried a little, it didn't streak... Two clicks, apply, wait a few, then dress... :D

I have this horrible ocd issue about sweating so I always put way too much deodorant on because the deodorant has to be strong enough to smell so that I can smell it in the morning just in case I ended up sweating at night. Well I’ll put a lot on and then it starts to get kind of wet instead of dry and get the marks all over my shirt. But I also have the issue of having to put it on even amounts of time and I don’t know if that’s why it ends up getting wet. But I also have deodorant that seems to be a little drier than when you first buy then at the store so I don’t know if that causes it to get wet because I have to put more on to feel like it’s got enough on. Any tips or suggestions?

For the type of deodorant you are using, I am presuming it is a gel deodorant. I would use a hair dryer after putting the deodorant on.
Yes, marks on your shirt are a problem for all of us. Best not to over do it. Or put deodorant on throughout the day might help?

New Threads

Top Bottom