• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Define yourself

I would personally lose the pre-apology, on aesthetic grounds, as it infers guilt , guilt of what? I don't know, but its a bad look, It's a idiosyncrasy of mine. "I would have said " I don't understand " or "no U." as brevity is a good rule of writing aesthetics. I find the aphorisms the most aesthetic and effective form of communication.

Being conscientious is a social skill, Prisoner. That's why people do this.

I'm losing the context of this thread now. I'm speaking in generalities, you seem to be talking in specifics.

I didn't understand why you felt the need to correct another person's politeness, and say it looked bad. It felt inappropriate to me.

I was reading psychology article, some time ago, about how people, preface conversational dialogue, pre-emptive apoligizing, those statements tend to indicate low confidence or self esteem. Even something as subtle as," I'm sorry but.." is an indicator. It's a lack of assertiveness. I think everybody should be clear and assertive and confident . I think that's a positive thing. As autistic persons often lack this very quality. And it shows. Hence the bullying and being taken advantage of that usually ensues in social interactions. NT's pick up on these signals. Not just body language, verbal language.

You can be polite, without being self deprecating.

It wasn't really about being polite, I just tried to ease into it instead of saying "I don't understand what you are saying". And in English "I'm sorry, but..." is the simplest way to do that. If someone is having difficulty expressing themselves maybe it's nice that people try to be a little considerate and not very blunt. Anyway, non of this is important.

Last edited:
Echo was originally a unix network utility to send messages....it's like calling is there anyone out there?
Echo can also be yelling down the canyon what is wrong with this world....
Echo can be sound of a mimic....like I heard that before somewhere, but can't quite place it.

Finger is spoofing for existence of life or other computers on network

Reply configuration is new..... It scans and detects answers for patterns, if finds anything unusual it hyperthreads to create mirrored effect of multi-taskinv to monitor for further interest.
It means I'm so used to people's usual in life that I just carry on as if weren't there whilst run reply configuration to test for new response or positive of unique lifeforms

Echo: I'm not deaf I'm echnored you
Most of my life I never understood so called meaningful conversation that most people have, so often I like to just change subject to one of my many varied interests, I'm not being rude, I'm running reply configuration to filter out parrots that seem to read me things they read elsewhere in books

Echo: I'm not deaf I'm echnored you
Most of my life I never understood so called meaningful conversation that most people have, so often I like to just change subject to one of my many varied interests, I'm not being rude, I'm running reply configuration to filter out parrots that seem to read me things they read elsewhere in books

Ok, but if you want to talk with people they have to understand what you mean. You have a fractured way of writing that can be difficult to follow.

I think it's solitude .....I finally going nuts.
But I'm not quoting survivor for being lonely for 2 months....that's bad.

Not you, I think I just lost human connection, long ago.
Maybe I'm searching for sharing to survive world that already left me nuts

Unix is robust system least likely to crash during war efforts, like finding rats and following them upward to escape collapsed mine.
I suppose even a match can spark a gas leak, yip.....

New Threads

Top Bottom