• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Dealing With Food Issues

I've never tried any of those fake meats, the very idea puts me off. I have the same reaction as both of you to bits of gristle though, especially in pies. I've never had gristle in a hamburger or a sausage though.

I've never tried any of those fake meats, the very idea puts me off. I have the same reaction as both of you to bits of gristle though, especially in pies. I've never had gristle in a hamburger or a sausage though.
You'd be surprised at how convincing some of the better quality (and of course, more expensive) products are! There are still some issues with something just being a little off that you can't quite put your finger on. But I've tried plant "bacon" and it's pretty convincing. As long as you cook it just right. The margin for error is a little less forgiving than the real thing.

I think it probably depends on what your main focus is. As you mentioned earlier, you like the texture. I think this might be a bigger problem in your case as the texture is close but just not quite right, at least not yet.

The problem is that everyone is different in terms of their nutritional needs so meat cravings may be a sign that you really do need to consume it. Vegetarian or vegan diets aren't possible for everyone. We are omnivores after all! :)

I think this might be a bigger problem in your case as the texture is close but just not quite right, at least not yet.
They can probably get away with it in things like hamburger patties but I'd like to see them make a fake steak. Lots of very fine tubes instead of coagulated lumps.

They can probably get away with it in things like hamburger patties but I'd like to see them make a fake steak. Lots of very fine tubes instead of coagulated lumps.
I think that they are going to grow "steak" in Petri dishes. I believe the first lab grown meat just hit the market a few months ago. That will be great if it works out! Guilt free steaks for all! :)

I have no problem with killing my own and I feel no guilt over this, I am a homosapien, that's what we do. I'm curious about the lab grown meat, although it's grown in large stainless steel vats and not petri dishes. You'll be able to have a steak the size of the table.

I have no problem with killing my own and I feel no guilt over this, I am a homosapien, that's what we do. I'm curious about the lab grown meat, although it's grown in large stainless steel vats and not petri dishes. You'll be able to have a steak the size of the table.
Lol! The size of a table! That would make good grounds for some sort of eating contest! Imagine having to have an entire table to accommodate one steak!

I'm curious to try this lab grown meat too. I'd imagine it's expensive though!

New Threads

Top Bottom