• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Dealing with anger

I have dealt with this issue my whole life and it seems to be getting worse. If I’m able to I turn on music, watch something to make me laugh, play with my cat, or tell myself a joke. Laughing usually stops it, no matter why I end up laughing.

If I’m trapped in a situation where I can’t do any of those I just hope I don’t cause any physical damage to anything before I can help. I understand. It sucks

I have dealt with this issue my whole life and it seems to be getting worse. If I’m able to I turn on music, watch something to make me laugh, play with my cat, or tell myself a joke. Laughing usually stops it, no matter why I end up laughing.

If I’m trapped in a situation where I can’t do any of those I just hope I don’t cause any physical damage to anything before I can help. I understand. It sucks

You are right. I always forget about cat videos, or elephant videos. I have a good sense of humor but it is not the thing I think of first, but I think it would help. I think I need to declare a moratorium on seriousness.

You are right. I always forget about cat videos, or elephant videos. I have a good sense of humor but it is not the thing I think of first, but I think it would help. I think I need to declare a moratorium on seriousness.
Agghhh....one would think I could at least put s smile with that!:eek::rolleyes:o_O;):):p

Wait, wait, wait! There are elephant memes that are more potent than cat memes? Is it safe to ask YouTube about elephants? Do I need wine to fully appreciate the elephants?

Wait, wait, wait! There are elephant memes that are more potent than cat memes? Is it safe to ask YouTube about elephants? Do I need wine to fully appreciate the elephants?

No to do anything. Also look on Youtube for Music for Elephants. Those videos can't be embedded but are well worth watching.

So how do you guys deal with this sort of thing? When you get really angry, what do you do about it, if anything? How can you manage to stay in control?
something happened to me this morning, and I came here and wrote about it in the rant thread. Writing about it can help to rationalise it, but still, the bad feeling remains. Only time will help, and to distract myself until it passes.

I try to know my triggers and avoid putting myself in situations that are likely to trigger me, but this is not always possible. Pacing and physical activity with a focus away from the trigger, such as chopping wood in winter.

My go to emotion is anger. Anger seems more acceptable than crying. When I am angry I work. When my granddaughter died I cleaned my big house top to bottom and weeded all of my ten gardens. I try to take a negative and make something positive and productive out of it.
As I age my tolerance for inconveniences is less. I become frustrated and angry very easily. I try and stop and consider the ramifications of the situation and what my options are. I remind myself how much I have survived and that I can do so again.

I'm more likely to be stressed than angry, although I am mostly only mildly affected by emotions. I think it's partly because I am inclined to use reasoning/thinking about difficulties, and also I have a fairly unshakeable idea of what is my, or what is another person's, stuff.

I tend to stay calm because of this. I did do a LOT of therapy over the years, as well as other trainings, so yay! I got the benefit of it, I guess.

There's always Valium.

Or I do something like writing a thousand-word post on something in my blog. Or wander through forums reading about other people's problems. Suddenly mine don't seem so big.

New Threads

Top Bottom