• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Date Chain - What were you doing on (Date)?

AGXStarseed

A bit of a memory game and a chance to think back to our individual pasts.

Here's how the rules work for this:
01. Check the date and see if you have some idea of what you were doing on that date (if you weren't around at the time, just say something along the lines of "I wasn't born yet")

02. If you know or have a general idea of what you were doing (and as long as its nothing too revealing that would violate the rules), put it down in your comment.

03. Repeat the question but choose a different date (Day, Month, Year) to carry on the chain.

Here's an example so you get the general idea:
---
Question: What were you doing on 5th June 1970?

Your Answer: I was clearing out my Garden shed to get rid of stuff I didn't want/need anymore.
What were you doing on 1st January 2000?

---

I'll start us off on a date I wasn't around for but I'm sure plenty of you were for:

What were you doing on 18th October 1985?

Children's hospital suffering. I wish you had stuck with 1970. I was happy!

Delivering morning newspapers, on a bicycle, in the suburbs.

What were you doing on August 17, 1987

I think I would have been enjoying some interesting adult education summer school class at the local university campus, that's how I filled the long gap of summer holidays I got from my job as a college lecturer back then. Enjoying still being in my twenties until the following year of the big three O.

What were you doing on February 1st 1990?

I think I would have been enjoying some interesting adult education summer school class at the local university campus, that's how I filled the long gap of summer holidays I got from my job as a college lecturer back then. Enjoying still being in my twenties until the following year of the big three O.

What were you doing on February 1st 1990?

Freezing my gonads off waiting for the school bus. I was just 11 years old back then. Actually just shy of 11. What were you doing January 29th 2011?

Children's hospital suffering. I wish you had stuck with 1970. I was happy!

Sorry about that.

Freezing my gonads off waiting for the school bus. I was just 11 years old back then. Actually just shy of 11. What were you doing January 29th 2011?

Doing college work, putting up with my annoying younger sibling and likely doing a lot of meditation to de-stress from it all. I was really into the spiritual stuff around that time, especially as the big 11/11/11 date was coming up later that year and a lot of people in the spiritual communities were treating it like a big deal.

What were you doing on June 5th, 1970?

Excited about getting out of school for the summer, running through the woods behind our home with my older brother picking up crawly things like bugs and snakes, making forts, petting our pet chicken.

What were you doing Sept. 11, 2001?

Excited about getting out of school for the summer, running through the woods behind our home with my older brother picking up crawly things like bugs and snakes, making forts, petting our pet chicken.

What were you doing Sept. 11, 2001?

I was at school here in the UK and then - when I put on the TV to watch the usual cartoons and kids shows on CITV after coming home - instead saw that horrifying situation playing out.
It really gave me and my family a shock to see that (also, while it was nearly two decades ago and hopefully I can say this without derailing the topic, I do give condolences to anyone on here who may have lost friends/family in that tragedy).

What were you doing on November 11th, 2011?

I was most likely in a tent at Occupy Portland. Funny how my politics flipped 180 degrees since then!

Once upon a time in California, there was this guy on a bicycle, had old workboots and a camoflage fieldjacket, liked to wander about....

What were you doing on december 24, 2003?

I was big and heavy and happy and pregnant. I was a sorta newcomer to the Northwest and had never seen it snow outside my house before, and there was a lovely winter wonderland outside. My brother in law and his wife came over to help me build my first snowman. I wore a black hoodie, a fuzzy red scarf, and my pants had a big spandexy cutout to make room for my baby belly.

I think I gave the snowman broccoli eyes.

What were you doing on June 1, 2000?

I was most likely climbing rocks on the mountain behind my house. And I probably scrumped a few grapes out of the vineyard. I might have even colored in a coloring book. I know for a matter of fact that I most likely played with Barbies, She-Ra, and Rainbow Brite dolls, as this was something I did every day. I probably played with the dogs and cats. And maybe had an ice cream cone at my grammas.

What were you doing on October 11, 2011?

New Threads

Top Bottom