• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Dangerous thoughts.

I know what you mean, or have a similar experience. Despite all our avatars, everyone here is a real person, often speaking from their hearts. I hope we will stick around for ourselves and each other. It can be hard to do that in real life, and with our social challenges. I tend to lose touch with people.

Here there's less pressure as we interact when we can or want to, and our reply may still be of use even days or more after the question. I have been getting married this week so not been here so much. We got a lot more cards than I expected. But also the Queen died and her son ascended to the throne, that's made everything seem more significant, the week of our marriage.

The Queen did represent a life of service, to me, despite a thread of privilege, she was also an important presence for many, and those under 72 never experienced another monarch. I know this is in some ways political, yet also it is about feelings. We can't pull things apart so easily, perhaps.

I know what you mean, or have a similar experience. Despite all our avatars, everyone here is a real person, often speaking from their hearts. I hope we will stick around for ourselves and each other. It can be hard to do that in real life, and with our social challenges. I tend to lose touch with people.

Here there's less pressure as we interact when we can or want to, and our reply may still be of use even days or more after the question. I have been getting married this week so not been here so much. We got a lot more cards than I expected. But also the Queen died and her son ascended to the throne, that's made everything seem more significant, the week of our marriage.

The Queen did represent a life of service, to me, despite a thread of privilege, she was also an important presence for many, and those under 72 never experienced another monarch. I know this is in some ways political, yet also it is about feelings. We can't pull things apart so easily, perhaps.
Congratulations!

@Thinx, I wish you all the best with your marriage. may you be happy and content. You are one person that I value here for your clarity of thought

New Threads

Top Bottom