• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Cycling Thread

DSC_0658.JPG

A place I usually stop at, and sit on my favourite rock.

My ratbike project:
20190607_175619.jpg

This bike, missing a front wheel and fender was picked up at an estate sale for a song.
Another Free Spirit parts bike that is from the 1970s was purchased that became the donor bike for the upgrades.
The upgrades will include the forks for the front brake caliper mount, the fender and the coaster brake three speed Sturmey-Archer planetary rear hub.
wheels.jpg

Since this pic, the bike has been completely disassembled, and some of the chrome has been cleaned up.
I already have one wide whitewall tire on the shelf for it, and will gather the other one as needed to finish it up.
The original Firestone whitewall tire still holds air, but I'm afraid of it failing because of the dry rot :p

Who knows, maybe I can even get that cool headlight working with some LED magic ;)

This should be a awesome bike when I finish her up this winter.

Always had a bike of some kind (38 years) would feel wierd if I didn’t own one even if didn’t use it. Currently got a Trek Fuel and doing a bit of downhill, I’m not very good (too cautious, I don’t bounce as well as I used to)

DSC01884.JPG

An example of the famous Raleigh DL-1, built from around 1913 to 1985 with very few changes. I've been gradually backdating this one to more of a 1930-1945 specification, but it was built in 1966.

I took this picture yesterday, but I went out again today and rode to morning Mass in the rain. It was a freezing rain, so when I came back out the whole machine was rather thickly glazed with ice. Cleared the ice out of the brake and continued on.

OMG I love this thread!

As a kid, my dad used to restore beautiful classic ten speeds and beach cruisers. I used to get so humiliated that all the other kids had bmx bikes or Huffys, and I had to go off roading on a classic beach cruiser.

But looking back, I was so lucky, and I wish we could get all those bikes back. They were so pretty.

And besides, it's pretty cool going down to the creek road or up into the mountains, and jumping potholes on a pristine bike that's decades older than you are.

....but the punishment is a little more severe when you bend the frame of something your dad worked on for weeks. So, you just learn to be really good at it, so you don't wreck!

Yes, I incorporate cycling into my fitness regime, which also includes jogging and some strength training. I currently ride a 2016 Raliegh Cadent 3 27-speed, but only in warmer weather--I need to be in shorts and at least short sleeves. I don't take it out during the winter, or in inclement weather. Instead, I have a stationary (Nautilus U616) that I can pedal, which gives me a good workout in a 20 minute session (I do two sessions a day right now, mornings and evenings.)

I still have my 1982 custom gravel bike from my time at Navy training school.
Argali
full

I mostly use my cargo trike in winter and for diastasis recti. Sun Atlas
full

I brought out the fat bike this weekend and hand warmers. :). No snow but the ground was frozen.

It’s a carbon Salsa Beargrease. 27.5 x 3.8 tires.

68CFAB91-B902-4494-A27E-4B377BEB0558.jpeg

New Threads

Top Bottom