• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Cycling Thread

That is a beautiful rotor Kyou, amazing, the entire setup. I'm the same about not wanting to ride without a purpose, I need to do things when it comes to the purpose of riding a bike. I don't fish or hunt, but I do cycle and camp. Mostly I go to areas where I can find wild plants, identify them, or simply explore. I'm always looking for that secluded place to stop, where it's quiet and peaceful and I can sit comfortably and sketch.
Hehe thank you. I think it is my Aspie traits in the form of a mechanical design! I got a bit.. not obsessesive just very specific, while I was putting the bike together, but that's what I'm good at. :)
I should take up sketching because I never catch a fish anyway lol! I'm only doing it so I can tell myself there's some purpose to the day out and so I'll be able to keep busy when I am at my destination. :oops:

Found a pic. Here is mine along with my daughter's previous bike. This was in 2013, I had just built this bike rack that mounted on the spare tire of my vehicle.

BikeRackDone1.jpg

I used to be a regular rider on a Brompton (folding) bike. Unfortunately it got stolen when I was living in Cambridge in 2011. I went out riding on a conventional-sized bike but braked too sharply and fell off, dislocating my shoulder. Just when I thought I had recovered the strength in my injured arm I then went and got tennis elbow in the other, which set me back both physically and psychologically. Then last summer, during the Fairphone convention in Amsterdam, I joined a cycle tour from Alkmaar to Bergen-aan-Zee. I was very nervous to set off at first but eventually I conquered it - via a 33-km round trip!

I'd like to be a regular cyclist again, but unfortunately I haven't got anywhere secure to store a bike. My flat in Leamington Spa is on the third floor with no lift and the front hall probably wouldn't meet insurers' requirements (as there's only a Yale lock between it and the outside world).

I was thinking of going for a ride in London some time. No really, I was thinking of taking one of the Santander cycles (aka "Boris bikes" although the idea came from the previous mayor Ken Livingstone) for a spin around Hyde Park. Has anyone here used the app?

AE11577C-DDCD-4D6D-AE90-2F6429976E4D.jpeg
693F5388-10A0-48DE-8409-ED0AB26E9E8C.jpeg
When you want to fit a mountain bike ride in you get an 800 lumen light!

Attachments

• 4B49786C-E013-4A73-B53D-0F689B2487D9.jpeg
    4B49786C-E013-4A73-B53D-0F689B2487D9.jpeg
    352 KB · Views: 0
Everything looks great @disconnected . Envious, I've been out six times since the spring, it's rained quite a lot. Just recovering from pneumonia, so, not supposed to be on my bike for another week or so. Noticed you have a pretty nice fat bike.

Everything looks great @disconnected . Envious, I've been out six times since the spring, it's rained quite a lot. Just recovering from pneumonia, so, not supposed to be on my bike for another week or so. Noticed you have a pretty nice fat bike.

I sold a dirt bike to fund a 2019 Salsa Beargrease! It is very fun to ride!

Now I have a faster connection I can actually view this thread.

That would scare me leaving my bike laying in the middle of the road like that early post. Even for a minute.

Bike2.jpg
Bike1.jpg

These pics are from this spring, but I just recently did a bunch of work to it replacing the crank and headset bearings, repacking the wheel and freewheel and shift wheel bearings, replacing the pedals, replacing the seat. 31 years of riding had worn out the bearings to some serious slop, but once the headset started loosening up I had to do something, it was difficult to hold in a straight line going down hills. Rides so much smoother and quieter now. Maybe it will last the rest of my life now. Got this bike new when I was 12, wouldn't trade it for anything.

I like Cycling very much! It is a healthy, low-impact exercise that can be enjoyed by people of all ages, from young children to older adults. It is also fun, cheap and good for the environment. By the way do you use some fitness tracker or gps to track your results? I want to buy something like this, and I found several good smart devices on 4Prototypes, but it is hard to choos. Can you give some advice?

Back in the saddle again. Every day in the month of July except for four Saturdays when the entire population of the area gets on the bike path. Mainly short 20 k rides, and two really long ones in search of wild blueberries and new quiet places to sketch. Weather has been hot and great for cycling, my legs are coming back especially on the hills. Going out tomorrow, and I'll take some pics:)

New Threads

Top Bottom