• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Cyber bullying on other forums

First off Gamefaqs and its affiliates are known for being an cesspool along with their users being know for shady behavior for the past 20 years.

Secondly when you go against the majority and the norm anywhere including on the internet, you will incur their wrath.

You are either with them or against them.

Hell go against the majority on Amazon and you'll get your account banned of not an IP ban. You might get a lawsuit too. This includes posting a review that Amazon users disagree with.

Post on the most important gaming site Neogaf and post positivity about Microsoft and/or Nintendo, or post negative about Sony the majority will destroy you. The staff will punish you as well.

The point is don't ever go against the majority and it's customs... Anywhere in life!
If you do, you best be willing to fight to the end.

Thirdly people are and always will be nasty online. It comes with anonymity of the internet. When people are given anonymity, they will show their true colors, which for the most of humanity is something quite terrible.

It's been this way since the internet went public.

Yes I've had people harass me online, but I didn't let it get to me. Nor did I complain to others about it. It wasn't important enough to take seriously. I personally found it entertaining to egg them on further.

Since no one threatened your person with actual personal information, it's not illegal.

Being nasty to a poster is perfect legal since you both are completely anonymous.

FYI the person who was harassing you on Gamefaqs and its affiliates is probably a teenager. The average age of their users is in their teens and early 20s. This is true for most gaming related sites and other forms of digital entertainment.

Don't let those you will never encounter or encounter again get to you. Just ignore them, they aren't worth the energy nor do they care what you think of them.

P.S. I'm not intending to be harsh.

That's the problem most gaming boards though, too full of Sony zealots, even in their alleged "off topic" sections, I've even had problems on here because I come across as kind of a Microsoft "fanboy", because I prefer Xbox now having previously been a Nintendo fan, 20 odd years ago I had a Game Boy, then a SNES, then an N64, then a Wii, then a DS.

Last edited:
That's the problem most gaming boards though, too full of Sony zealots, even in their alleged "off topic" sections, I've even had problems on here because I come across as kind of a Microsoft "fanboy", because I prefer Xbox now having previous been a Nintendo fan, 20 odd years ago I had a Game Boy, then a SNES, then an N64, then a Wii, then a DS.

Good reason to refrain from participating in much of any forum that involves anything so highly polarized.

Don't be that "moth to a flame".

Theres strange people' person on this site, one who latches on to posts like a parasite.. Worlds full of divs mate.. Move on..! Dont let people get to you. . your life is your's not no one else's :)..!

Yes, cyber bullying is going bigger day by day. We should have some law or rule on the government level to stop that.

For the most part, it wouldnt work.

The internet as a whole is totally out of control, and there's too much anonymity. It's why things like viruses and bots rampage all over the place unchecked. Among other problems.

The only thing that can really help in the end is to educate people about the problem. Help anyone that's encountered it to deal with it, when genuine cyberbullying occurs.

For the most part, it wouldnt work.

The internet as a whole is totally out of control, and there's too much anonymity. It's why things like viruses and bots rampage all over the place unchecked. Among other problems.

The only thing that can really help in the end is to educate people about the problem. Help anyone that's encountered it to deal with it, when genuine cyberbullying occurs.

That and the fact that like I said, unless it's EXTREME, the Mods on most forums tend to ignore reported messages, and even then they'd rather not do anything, because that means they have to click buttons and/or type text.

That and the fact that like I said, unless it's EXTREME, the Mods on most forums tend to ignore reported messages, and even then they'd rather not do anything, because that means they have to click buttons and/or type text.
typically crackdowns kill user activity and then the site.
Once users feel a crackdown is underway, it's leads to an exodus which is practically irreversible.

If you're that sensitive to random internet users and posts, then you should stop posting and use that time for more constructive things.

Internet posting isn't for the faint of heart.

The only thing worse than a mean internet poster is an adult complaining on how the internet was mean to them and wanting the government to do something about it.

Either fight fire with fire or move on!
Seriously let it go!

You need to learn how to fight for yourself and not let strangers who are being "mean" bother you to this extent.

The world can be mean on a regular schedule, but don't let it get to you.

This is coming from someone who the world has regularly been cruel to in his soon to be 32 years on this planet

New Threads

Top Bottom